Opener Quest

Check for upcoming quests or area openers!

Opener Quest

Postby *Neptune* » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:53 pm

The Aisholm Explorer's Guild is proud to announce that after several months,
the first set of verses from a newly discovered set of lost pages referred to
as "The Songs of Hidden Snow" have finally been translated. It is with great
anticipation that they present this translation from the ancient vernacular
for your perusal. Thanks for your continued support, and we hope to see
more of you in the near future aiding with our ongoing endeavors to discover
more of our continent's lost treasures. The verses are translated as such:

----------------------------------------------------------

"It is a tale of ice and snow,
Where the Bunyips swim
and howling winds blow,
Where giants once stalked,
But trudge no more,
And this bard shall sing,
Of where she did go.
There I met I met my goddess fair,
Where the bards do sing,
And poets recite,
Where the daughters,
Of inspiration forever dwell,
And the heavens reveal,
Land of eternal night.
There, my goddess spoke soft and firey,
And raged against me,
With jealous surprise,
Her passion was fierce,
And her eyes were wild,
But her words were entrancing,
As ever she was wise. "

----------------------------------------------------------

We will be holding an opener quest on Sunday June 11th between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
For those able to attend, please be prepared to spend a few hours from beginning to start.
This quest will be for everyone who is willing and able to join, and we only have one request
and/or requirement at this time: You'll need a Bard Prime or two. There will be drachma and
a horde of new items to discover as well as one our favorite things: a new area.

We will meet in Judge's Temple on Aisholm when it is time to start.

Hope to see you guys there!

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Re: Opener Quest

Postby Gorka » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:49 am

So I just wanted to give a shout out to Neptune!

I am usually among the first persons to point out mistakes in the game, inconsistencies, structural problems and things that are kind of totally stupid. But with that said a game is so much more than this... it's a community, it's the sum result of it's history and it's played by players because its FUN. We take it a bit seriously sometimes but above all it's meant to be fun.

The quest opener was fun... it was a success... and thanks to those who helped support Neptune in this endeavor as well. Breeze (Grenade/Tokens), Zuzu (Background stuff) and Sochi (pointed out a few broken procs) also did things to smooth the wheels and help progress things. I came away with 100 drachma, a pair of sexy slippers and some gems. I also got to make fun of Lerr, Yenn, Gnu and did I miss anyone? :twisted:

I've heard that this new area is like 600 rooms, and already it's showing good diversity, provided some pretty cool eq options of which some have even pushed boundaries. I'm pretty sure everyone has something to gain from this area... Except Ezekiel... :twisted:

So thanks for the new content Neptune! Gimme an N! Gimme an Eptune!

Gimme a G! Gimme a ORKA!
Gorka

Postby Teron » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:50 pm

I'd like to join Gorka in thanking Neptune.
Creating a net of 9 areas with so many trigtraps and 600 rooms, and procs, must've been exhausting.

I'd also like to note that we should've went into the area, and not jumped into exp harvesting, because the eq mobs are 150-200mil+. While I should've just went in the area as per quest, a hint that the area does require a grenade to move fast would've been much appreciated.

I apologize if not killing all the mobs in the area seemed disrespectful. In hindsight, it'd have been a mess in the magma and water rivers and likely we'd have lost the grenade before killing all big mobs, because people would've been lost, and there are so many big mobs in so many different parts - which isn't a bad thing in itself.

While a small group did collect some gear w/o the grenade after the quest, it was slow. Also, maybe huge mobs have a good chance to pop gems, unless the continent has a lowered gem rate of Lyme.

Today the reboot perished at least 7 pops in the area, stats for some of them were not known.
Teron

Postby *Neptune* » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Thanks guys.

I'd like to take the time to point out that the procs in the Temple of Mnemosyne have been fixed.
Something got borked in pulling over code or something. But the procs in that temple should be
fully operational as intended.

Secondly, I'd like to point out that the Temple of Mnemosyne is bigger than any one planar extension,
so don't be afraid to explore in there as well.

Third, thanks to everyone who joined in with the quest. There is a multitude of objects and mob
that await to be discovered, and I have no doubt some of you will want to develop your runs and
techniques. Everything is a process, a partnership between player and immortal. As you go along,
I've no doubt you'll find some issues, and we'll do our best to address them. In the meantime, enjoy
and thanks for playing.

Oh, and I almost forgot: I'd like to thank Breeze, Idjit, Wasp, Teker, and the rest of the immortal
staff for helping me put this thing together. Without them, we'd still be working on it all today.

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Postby *Neptune* » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:27 pm

Greetings,

I've taken some time to address something of little importance here. There seems to
be some confusion about the names of the six dragons that can be found throughout the
additions to the elemental planes. So, for interested parties, I give you this quick guide
for those adventurers wishing to refer to them using the dragon tongue's pronunciation style:

Hysxyruzlla, the Gold Dragon ----------------> Hai-Six-Ee-Roo-Zil-Luh
Ajkllyflljyk, the Volcanic Dragon -------------> Azh-Kill-Ee-Flik
Axzaelqrvha, the Jade Dragon ---------------> Ax-Zil-Ker-Vah
Iqzz'Rvaehhb, The Silver Dragoness ---------> Ikz-Ar-Vay-Ebb
Quezvxyllha, the Bronze Dragoness ----------> Kwez-Vix-Ih-Luh
Vsyvyxyryll, the Copper Dragon ---------------> Viz-Ee-Vix-Er-Rill

Enjoy.

-Neptune
*Neptune*
Double 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:03 am

Oh mighty Neptune, tell us, how did you come up with the names? Our guess is you rolled your face on the keyboard. A strong contender is letting your cats do it. Please let our minds at ease.

Thank you.
Teron

Return to Quest Announcements