New 3x40 system

Code changes, new spells/skills/songs, etc

New 3x40 system

Postby Driven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 pm

Greetings, Slothers! Today is a good day. We would like to present a new system for 3x40 gear for your enjoyment. The goal of this new system is threefold:

(1) Give equal representation to each prime class

(2) Adapt to the current state of the game

(3) Provide deeper options for each player, extending content through rebirth

Executive summary:

· 3x40 items continue to exist as they do today with some additions and/or modifications.

· 3x40 items now have 6x40 upgrades, created as a forge of the 3x40 item, a token received from turning in a second 3x40 item, plus a precious ingot of palladium.

· Some of the 6x40 items have 8x40 upgrades that are prime-only, created as a forge of the 6x40 item, a token received from turning in another 3x40 item, plus two precious ingots of palladium.

· Each precious ingot of palladium is forged from five bars of palladium. This metal is so precious it is only found on the most powerful and epic mobs in all of Jord.

· Rebirth characters receive three additional 3x40 items upon rebirthing.

User's guide:

· Lord Moonglum continues to award old 3x40 items at 3x40, 6x40, and 8x40. That system remains along with all of its items.

· Master Oakenshield will exchange an old 3x40 item for a glowing token of flawless palladium.

· Master Oakenshield will trade a new 3x40 item for a glowing token of flawless palladium.

· Master Oakenshield will exchange a new 3x40 item for a glowing token of flawless palladium at a price. First exchange is free, second exchange is 5M gold, all subsequent exchanges are 10M gold.

· Alexus Silverlight will forge a precious ingot of palladium from five bars of palladium and 5M gold.

· Alexus Silverlight will forge a new 6x40 item from the 3x40 item being upgraded, one glowing token of flawless palladium, and one precious ingot of palladium.

· Alexus Silverlight will forge a new 8x40 prime-only item from the 6x40 item being upgraded, one glowing token of flawless palladium, and two precious ingots of palladium. Note that not all 6x40 items have 8x40 upgrades.

· Alexus Silverlight will exchange a 6x40 item for two glowing tokens of flawless palladium.

· Alexus Silverlight will exchange an 8x40 item for three glowing tokens of flawless palladium and one precious ingot of palladium.

· Rebirth characters will receive three additional glowing tokens of flawless palladium.

· Master Oakenshield and Alexus Silverlight both have help screens by simply typing "ask" in their respective rooms.

Comments:

· Warning, think deeply about this system before acting -- be aware of what you're doing.

· There will not be reimbursements for "I accidentally traded for the wrong 3x40 item or I accidentally forged a 6x40 or 8x40 item I don't want".

o Use "query oakenshield about <item>" prior to trading for a new 3x40 item to ensure you are trading for the correct item.

o Use "query alexus about <item>" prior to forging a new 6x40 or 8x40 item to ensure you are forging the correct item.

· There will not be reimbursements for "I accidentally exchanged my item". Make sure you have your 3x40 gear you *don't want exchanged* safely tucked away in a container prior to exchanging.

· The bars of palladium will be in high demand, so treat them with care. Leaders of epic raids, I suggest you use your wheel to distribute them fairly.
Driven
Double 40 Poster

Return to Mud changes and New Stuff