Newbatian Newsletter

Code changes, new spells/skills/songs, etc

Newbatian Newsletter

Postby *juggleblood* » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Here's some lesser news from the land of Newbatia.

There is a couturier off of granite street where the the spider silk robe and link mail of the sun can be obtained.

Quest 'potato' moved to pet merchant. Several additional quests added to pet merchant.

Quest 'eggs' moved to baker.

Town quester given an office north of post office. Added more quests.

Yes there are new drachma quests. No you can't go back to Newbatia to do them if you are 21+. Onward and upward. Forward ho. Also increased coin and xp rewards for quests.

The constable doesn't steal anymore, but he will solicit bribes. Bribing him will make him look the other way when you beat up on the citizenry. Also he'll lend you a hand and trip thugs with his baton as you fight them. However if you don't pay, he'll assist townies. It's level-checked / newbie proofed.

The young punks will steal from you, depending on your level and how much cash you're carrying on you.

Older gang member will summon evil thugs and punks to his aid, but they walk in rather than teleport.

There are fewer gang members roving town, fewer critters and old men as well. A few new mobs.

I hope this helps those of you who enjoy helping new players. I'll try to keep you updated.

Peace.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Re: Newbatian Newsletter

Postby *juggleblood* » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 am

Few new things of note in the Valkyre environs:

I moved 3 forges to a new mob called Derik the Master Forger west of dragon fountain. They are: bolt of lightning, boots of radiance, and bone helm. This makes them easier to see by just typing list.

Similarly I moved all 22 brews from tisa the potion shopkeeper to a new mob called Eckman the Valkyre Chemist. This likewise makes them easier to see by typing list.

I moved the offal worm quest to the Bal Harbor Quester and moved the penguin king quest to the Aisholm quester Forsythe (a new mob).

I added yet more autos to the VK quester.

I modified the chessboard as follows: It's no longer nostab. It no longer has invisible walls to smash your face into. Mobiles will assist like-colored mobiles. Knights and bishops summon pawns. Rooks summon knights and bishops. King summons everybody. Moose resides in a secret room through the south wall of his previous trig-trap location. Entrance is the moose head on the wall, open/close moose. He's charging aggro. Exp and gold is increased.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Return to Mud changes and New Stuff