Circle of Healing reduced

Code changes, new spells/skills/songs, etc

Circle of Healing reduced

Postby *Splork* » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 am

We have had several complaints regarding Circle of Healing inside the Immortal and Mortal ranks and decided to finally do something regarding the issue. Currently, the spell grows with total levels and we have clerics doing upwards and over 200 hps per person in a group for about 55 mana. This makes it possible for a SINGLE character to heal large groups, say of 20 people, a total of 2000 + hps with 55 mana. This is just unacceptable and was not thought out well by its coder( me ). This is just an example but I think everyone can clearly see our point in this situation.

For the moment, I have lowered the total hps for which the spell heals and upped the mana cost. Ultimately, we hope to redo the spell and base it off a song. The circle will heal a base number of players in a group for a certain amount of hitpoints and as the player grows, the hps and number of players in a group for which the spell heals will grow, or something to that effect.

I am sorry guys and hope everyone understand, I should of thought this out better. I am hoping you guys look at this one from an administrators perspective and realize this is definitely in the best interest of the game.

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Return to Mud changes and New Stuff