Does a mage need +dam eq? :)

Information about the mage class

Does a mage need +dam eq? :)

Postby Kelgar » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:27 am

Hey all!

Can anyone give an idea does a mage need +Dam eq for any of heas gears? I'm wondering if i need to forge those celestial bracelets before leaving valk... :)))

Thanks ahead!
Kelgar

Postby jezer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:55 am

Kelgar,

It's unlikely that a mage needs dam eq. It's probably better that a mage uses this slot for +mana or +mana regen or +spellbonus eq.

However there is always a case when something is useful, and if I didn't point this out, someone else would come along and argue the point ;)

Celestial Bracelets cost 400k to forge? and they will be superseded at 3x40 when you can forge ashen bracelets which are -0.2 +dam.

The cp's are worth nothing by themselves, so yeah I'd forge them, even if it's to sell to someone... you might get 500k each for them. Beware the rent on these is fairly pricey for lowbie items from memory. 3.5k? I can't remember.
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Kelgar » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:27 am

Jezer,

thanks for your answer!

Well, as I guess 500k isn't much... I gatheres several mil coins while rolling etc.

As understand, the cps are somewhat slow-pop and I still need to pop the jjd cps, boots of radiance and new clown area forge...

And yet ancious to leave Valk till autumn :)))
Kelgar

Postby Tap » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:18 am

Might be fun for you to gather these...

Interwoven Circle of Power Autoquest unknown [color=yellow] -0.1 +1 Dam, +10 Spell Bonus[/yellow] AdM AdC AdT AdW AdNe AdDr AdBa AdMo [OR]

Runed Onyx Bracelet Naga Elemental School -0.0 +10 Spell Bonus, +10 Heal Bonus SM SC SNe SDr SBa [OR] 2x40

You will have to ask around ingame as far as the autoquest. I'm not familiar with it or where it starts, but maybe someone can point you in the right direction. The runed onyx's are decent and I think pretty safe bet as a backup, especially in groups. When you rack up enough exp and leave valk, double 40 shouldn't be too bad of a ride...I'd plan levelling around a weekend when you might be on awhile and there's some group action going on to speed up the process. You mentioned the new clown area forge...

[quote:1f0a8o51]Object 'sleeves clown lord marshall', Item type: ARMOR
Item is: MAGIC
Weight: 1, Value: 150000gold, Worn in: ARMS
AC-apply is -0.7
Can affect you as:
Affects: SPELL_BONUS by 5
Affects: MANA by 5
Only those who are at least adept magic users or bards may use this item.

forger Poor Boy
Requires: 100000 coins,
1x a roll of white leather (Dollface)
1x bands of gold (Bonkers)
1x bands of silver (Honkey)
1x a pair of rhino horns (Tex)
1x the soul of Rupert McCain (ghoul of Rupert McCain)[/quote:1f0a8o51]
Tap

Postby PolkAdotS » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:07 am

I'm a thief, I could use some damn EQ.
There will be no further room for improvement past the toilet plunger-handle.
PolkAdotS
40 Prime Poster

Postby Tap » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Plenty of +damn equipment ingame. And you being a seasoned player who doesn't ever need any help shouldn't have any problem gathering such items.

:twisted:
Tap

Postby PolkAdotS » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:49 pm

My shorts man, eat them and be sure to post yourself going :oops: !! Not real good of you to run off some stupid slack comment about my EQ when I had... scarab, nekode, 3 restrings, vault keys, tooled eq... that now I cannot use a 5x40 to gain things like tooled brace and on-such. Lost shield of titans, ruddy scale also, keep the forges coming then Tap (whatever character you'll actually play, not that I know) however what's the great forge? I also had cps for demonskin boots, and a pair of demonskins... I think I kept my caroborundum's on polk however that character is lost, along with Gumbi, nat stats on Gumbi were 18/33 18 15 18 17, Polk's nats were 18/79 18 15 18 15. I hope that you understand why I'm upset. I also lost a near full set of cps for helm of dwarves, including the -1.3 helm. A scarab of destruction I mentioned before which was restrung, and 2 restrung diamond bracers, also forge eq. If you mention my EQ, or my being the one whose "crying the most" Tap --> Polk, nice post man. Thanks for not being stupid and continuing to bring me up. I quit this game and I still look at the site, like I said I would months ago. I did you no wrong, stop mentioning me. It's none of your business.
Polk
:arrow:
There will be no further room for improvement past the toilet plunger-handle.
PolkAdotS
40 Prime Poster

Postby Tap » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:14 pm

I'm still not sure how !quit equals "losing" something unless you managed to "lose" your temper and !quit out of frustration. If you don't play anymore and only read the boards from time to time, then what the heck does it matter about getting re-imbursment? Those items you mentioned can be replaced. Not easily grant you but just make a new char. And next time you get a wild hair up your bum, rent instead of !quit.

Peace

ps-I'm still willing to help you get a new char up in levels and eq some should you ever decide to grace us with your precense ingame.
Tap

Postby 13 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:50 pm

what a fu ckin crybay, I swear to god.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby aeole » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:53 pm

And yet here you are still hanging around and whining like a little girl about something that is over and done with. Grow up, grow a pair and GET OVER IT. YOU'RE NOT GETTING THE EQ BACK. No amount of whining and complaining here on any of these threads is going to change that. Also, your "friendship" with Jake will not change this fact either, so you can stop the name-dropping already. We're not impressed. I think I mentioned once before about Jake disapproving of anyone attempting to drive players away from the game, and sonnyboy, you fit that bill.

As for wanting us to stop mentioning you, just shut the hell up and quit posting anywhere on this forum and we will all forget you and then you won't be mentioned any more.

None of our business? You make it our business when you keep beating the same dead horse over and over and over again. The carcass is rotting and you both stink.
aeole

Return to Mage