40 mage equipment?

Information about the mage class

Postby Yinao » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:32 am

aegis - Lvl: 1, Mana: 40, Unlearned
Yinao
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:47 am

[quote="van":23m39n8t]Btw, this has absolutely nothing to do with 40 mage equipment.

HAMSTERS EAT CORM![/quote:23m39n8t]

pfft. hamsters can't even spell corm let alone eat it. stoopid hamsters. they're just gerbils ..but bigger.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby 13 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:30 am

[quote:1wpnj26w]
Lately I've been pretty disappointed with sloth and don't want to be on.[/quote:1wpnj26w]

I had this whole rant typed out but Brad summed it up for me. More
people make me sick than not so it's time to go again.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..

Postby Weasel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:47 am

Don't forget to lick my balls on your way out.

heh sorry, couldn't resist. :twisted:
Weasel

Postby alias » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:57 pm

When all you pansies are done scraping the sand out of you panties, and Van is done kissing everyone's ass, lets either get back to mudding or take a needed break- depending on your stance.

Tanks die, clerics forget to heal, necros forget to bind, weaken. At the end of the day its a game and if you don't enjoy it take a break.

See ya all soon.

Alias
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Postby brady » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:57 pm

point 1: Nobody likes a fluffer (well, maybe the fluffee, but that's it).
point 2: The whining is really hurting my eyes.
brady
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Medios » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:54 pm

[quote="Weasel":3oc12dl9]Don't forget to lick my balls on your way out.

heh sorry, couldn't resist. :twisted:[/quote:3oc12dl9]

ROFLMAO!!!!!

I still play Minstrel, just not every day because I am busy leveling Dogs. I didn't stop playing him because of any nerfs, I am just busy with other chars. Just like I didn't stop playing Medios when I made Minstrel, just don't play him as much now.

Believe me Edd I have spent plenty of time using charms, using proc blasting and other things to kill mobs. It takes more time to solo them but usually it is possible if you just think hard and don't care to die. It is just when I see players soloing mobs that are not meant to be solo. Then I have to say something. Believe it or not some "features" are supposed to be in the game. Take the Archfiend.

I have no idea what Brad is trippin on. I would ascertain that he's low on cash and venting here. :( I am sure he doesn't hate anyone.

On another note. I didn't start playing sloth to act tough or present any kind of image. Anyone who has met me knows that I am pretty straight forward all the time. I never did role play on sloth. I am sure I have said some mean things here and there but overall I try to make sloth a better place for everyone. That said let's have some fun.
Fight the Good Fight!

~[DoW]~
Medios

Postby 13 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:44 am

Yeah Medios and I aren't much good on using 'features' like cycling the Sun Avatar with saddled sea horses or charming the Snake Priest in the crypt.
Don't even get me started on Nab.

We would NEVER spend days daggering the High Priest in Ravenloft in
to kill Georgi and Ivan or cycling the 4 horsemen with each other. No sir. Hell, we wouldn't even use hermetic res to get mordel to charm himself
and cycle Wurragurr. We are clearly too dumb to have discovered how to
solo the archfiend and the phoenix then just sort of let it be known.

I realize we're a little dumbed down for you Coltrane but we do our best.
Lemme know when you figure out all the tricks in the Lost Cross.

PS: half of that shit was when you were in the 4th grade probably.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..

Postby Vixn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Don't get me wrong, I didn't say you don't know how to use tricks.
I just said you use another style for playing. It isn't better or worse, it's just another style.

And thanks for ideas, I didn't know those.

p.s. But.... if you did use Mordel to kill Wurr... what's the problem with Messiaen killing poor overlord in his 'pansy style'? I don't think Wurr is supposed to be soloable.

Edd aka Kida
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Medios » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:04 pm

Wurr is an easy solo for druid because he doesn't proc death against +shift. Overlord not so much. It is not the fact that magis with monk can solo such big things, it is the fact that nobody else can. This is not a "trick" like pushing mobs or using secrets. It is a way to continously blast a mob without taking any dmg. The tricks that Aaron mentioned can be used by any class, the mage/monk trick is limited by classo. This ability can be equated to thieves getting to backstab hurt mobs.
Fight the Good Fight!

~[DoW]~
Medios

Postby Alberich » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:13 pm

[quote="Medios":hm22bs97]. This ability can be equated to thieves getting to backstab hurt mobs.[/quote:hm22bs97]

yes please?

:twisted:
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Tap » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:22 pm

Indeed, if there be enough ways to "get around" needing someone else or group please list all pointers here. I'd like to be able to toggle nocap and fast repop then solo cycle ettins without taking damage. Please tell me how.
:twisted:
Tap

Postby Weasel » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:02 am

Yeah, I'd like some more details how to cheat ..err.. I mean how to use the 'features' in order to solo insanely powerful group mobs with my old school tank (you know - tanks, the ones that are supposed to be buff and take all the damage more than any other class, but are actually pretty ****'n useless without at least a cleric in attendance and some other classes to actually blast the mob down..)
:evil:
Weasel

Postby Malison » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:56 am

On the other hand, it can be good that it's possible (even if it should be difficult) to kill just about anything with the right tricks, like for the times when you die doing something stupid (exploring dc/dmount with a level 20, like me), get looted, and can't convince the active group or any of the ubers to give you a hand. I was more than happy to spend an hour killing each of the mobs that would have taken a group about 40 seconds; not because of any excessive xp (even had it been nocap, i've seen people fresh off valk who could get better xp than that), but because it's so much better to not need to depend on other people than to spend 3 hours failing to get help and lose everything in a crash.

Incidentally, anyone who can get a nightmare can kill just about everything in the mud...eventually.
Malison
40 Prime Poster

Postby Vixn » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:21 pm

+1.

I killed overlord with nightmare when it loaded quartz shield.
It took me about 2 hours and shield was just a fake :twisted:
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Mage