post polter pet length

Information about the necro class

post polter pet length

Postby vissidrix » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:31 pm

hey, i just hit 2x40 and was really excited about wraiths. that was until i realized they didnt last a single hellwell run. so here i am, 2x40, and still using poltergeists as they are proving to be far more efficient. and well, i just find this to be lame. isint 10 minutes a bit extreme? can UC be made to increase this at least? just wondering.
vissidrix

Re: post polter pet length

Postby Thraxas » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:08 pm

vissidrix wrote:hey, i just hit 2x40 and was really excited about wraiths. that was until i realized they didnt last a single hellwell run. so here i am, 2x40, and still using poltergeists as they are proving to be far more efficient. and well, i just find this to be lame. isint 10 minutes a bit extreme? can UC be made to increase this at least? just wondering.

try wraiths again ... wraiths are better than poltergeists every time
Thraxas
Triple 40 Poster

Postby vissidrix » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:34 am

not everytime. wraiths get me to the first green rakasha before fading, polters get me to the blue rakasha before dying. so this is a case when polters are better. in fact any case where one must grind continuously for more then ten minutes they are better.
vissidrix

Postby jezer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:30 pm

It's often the case when reaching a new milestone in sloth it's not worth it for the first few levels. It was often the case with new shift forms, the mana to sustain the new form made it totally worthless until you had achieved a couple more levels on top of the milestone. It was normally better to fight as the older form... until the next form had been achieved... ie, staying one behind. I am sure your wraiths will work out... in time.
"Don’t let me become the man that I say that I despise."
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Thraxas » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:10 pm

hmmm ... experimenting ... something odd here
Thraxas
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Necromancer