Pets, followers and all-round-groupies

Information about the necro class

Pets, followers and all-round-groupies

Postby Widow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:21 pm

So, I gotta say right off the bat the Necromancer class sure is fun. Unless you are completely drained and need a nap, you are the life of the party!

So, I have a couple of questions regarding pets, followers and hangers-on that seem to gravitate around the spellcasting crowd. First, is it better to have your followers tank for you or for you to lead the charge? I've gotten great results having Lenny and Squiggy (my two ghouls) battering around those poor unfortunate mobs while I debuff from behind. But I've also gotten advice to the contrary. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have the fortunate classo of L20: N/D/C/B. Which allows me a Peri/Manes and two undead of my choice. Is there a way to throw in druid followers on top of this? Or even a mage familiar (a la, familiar scroll)? What i the maximum potential? And more importantly, what makes the most sense?

I also recently learned you do NOT want to cast any heal spells on your undead followers. They don't take kindly to that sort of thing around these parts. So, is the only way to get their hp back by having them sleep and regen? I've seen ppl dismiss Peri's once their mana was out and re-supp with a fresh corpse. Is that the best way?

Thanks,
Widow
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Postby Malison » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:06 pm

When your followers are tanking for you, sometimes the mob will disengage from them to attack you, so you could need to reorder your pets into combat. If it's important to get the blind/weaken, them tanking to start is probably a good idea, but in most cases it's best for you to take the hits.

You can't heal your undead, but when you are able to get a xegyi supplicant, it heals them in addition to fighting. Dismissing supplicants is often the best option to refresh them, but I wouldn't recommend it with your undead. Once you start using the larger undead forms it gets rather expensive to resummon them frequently.
Malison
40 Prime Poster

Postby Widow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:12 am

Good deal. Thanks for the info.
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Return to Necromancer