Banshees - what are banshees good for

Information about the necro class

Postby alias » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:47 am

make the proc not affect group members and make them eth. not wraith no need to up hp or up the damage.

how they should compare to wraiths?
well a summon that takes 25 avatar levels should be quite a bit better than one that only takes 3x40. Animates are cool for that level just trying to bring the summons up to par.[/i]
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Postby alias » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:54 am

please accept my apologies in this entire time I was referring to banshees I meant to be referring to phantoms.

banshess would be ok if they just didnt proc group members

I should log in more I guess.
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *juggleblood* » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:07 pm

I did a lil research.

Splork nerfed ether pets in Aug of 06 I guess. Ether pets are too powerful imho, but wraithform wouldn't be too bad. The diff of course being that higher level mobs would hit thru wraith more.

One prob is that wraithform needs to be added to the list of possible innate mob affects. It's currently impossible to give a mob innate wraithform I think.

Banshee proc is an easy fix, just make it not affect pc's. I emailed a patch to be executed that accomplishes this already. Dunno if anyone did it yet.
Phantom proc is kinda blah, but apparently works.

Finally someone needs to come up a reasonable suggestion on how
wraith/banshee/phantom should compare on hp/ac/hit/dam. My idea is that banshees could be a bit on the light side and used primarily for the procs. Phantoms could be about same size as wraiths, but -1 ac +1 to hit and 10% more damage. But again, I'm not very knowledgable in the necro dept. Just trying to be helpful.

And maybe we could get a spellsaves proc like I mentioned b4 for banshee and or phantom, in addition to their regular procs.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

ideas

Postby Avatar » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:54 pm

[quote:2sorbnni]...banshees could be a bit on the light side and used primarily for the procs.[quote:2sorbnni]

This is a problem if the banshee needs to engaged for the proc to fire. If the pets don't have hit points, they'll die pretty quickly in a fight.

Also, each pet should be better in each way than the previous pet. There's typically a long time between 3x40 and 4x40+25, and hopefully you're hitting harder targets by the time you're 25 Av. The phantom needs to be useful on Lyme, and each one should be worth the 50 mana.

My advice would be to check the stats on the Banshee and on the Swordwraith, and put the Phantom stats somewhere just below the midpoint.[/quote:2sorbnni][/quote:2sorbnni]
Triple 40 Poster

ideas

Postby Avatar » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Well, my quote tag didn't work correctly, but I don't see an Edit tag.
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Atwell » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:25 am

[quote="juggleblood":5yctx01l]Splork nerfed ether pets in Aug of 06 I guess. Ether pets are too powerful imho, but wraithform wouldn't be too bad. The diff of course being that higher level mobs would hit thru wraith more.

One prob is that wraithform needs to be added to the list of possible innate mob affects. It's currently impossible to give a mob innate wraithform I think.[/quote:5yctx01l]

Just to set the record straight, they did have wraithform until the 2006-08 nerf. That is to say, the messages one saw during combat are the same ones one observes for a wraithformed player. The frequency of wraithed hits suggested the effect of wraithform cast at a level above 40, but they were not fully ethereal or anywhere close.
Atwell
40 Prime Poster

Postby PolkAdotS » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:29 am

Gumbi would like Juggleblood to do a little research. Sorry I'm just not Splork but it is pretty important. Thought I would bring it up after having posted on my thread made by some random character. You didn't look into my EQ as far as I know and each time I asked anyone (mostly Enea) he suggested I speak directly to Jake. Jake just didn't get back to me so please, you do it the Juggleblood. I'm asking nicely, at least look into it. If Splork's coding logs is available from 2006 and the NERF etc. then I'm asking you to look into something from around a month ago. Don't bother if you're just going to be an asshole, I don't want to hear from the last line of my last post on the Polk and Yasik's thread (the most recent up until this.) Thought I would exploit another section of the forum simply because there is a note that says you've looked into something from 2006 and I would like to know about something from 2008, with no reply from immorts. Cya
There will be no further room for improvement past the toilet plunger-handle.
PolkAdotS
40 Prime Poster

Postby *juggleblood* » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:33 pm

*bump*
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby Tap » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:18 pm

Here's an update from mid 2008.

Make a new character.

Good day,see you ingame!!!
:)
Tap

Postby Vixn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:30 pm

another feature I suppose to be fixed:

[quote:1hv5mewm]A leviathan panics at the dry conditions here, and vanishes in a puff of mist![/quote:1hv5mewm]

and that's in the underwater room with cthulgha......

and what with succubus/incubus? does anybody use them? really?
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:32 pm

[quote="Vixn":27brzy69]another feature I suppose to be fixed:

[quote:27brzy69]A leviathan panics at the dry conditions here, and vanishes in a puff of mist![/quote:27brzy69][/quote:27brzy69]

Reminds me of the phoenix in arbo that can't fly and the eye of the deep in kuo-toans that can't swim. What's next... aggro angels? :shock: We got those to?!?
jezer

Postby *juggleblood* » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:14 pm

hard to believe they haven't been fixed, given all these constructive suggestions...
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby alias » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:10 pm

yes there are some aggressive angels...you just need to know where to look.
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Assirian » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:53 am

[quote="Vixn":1m8aiizf]another feature I suppose to be fixed:

[quote:1m8aiizf]A leviathan panics at the dry conditions here, and vanishes in a puff of mist![/quote:1m8aiizf]

and that's in the underwater room with cthulgha......

and what with succubus/incubus? does anybody use them? really?[/quote:1m8aiizf]

seems like that Cthulgha's room is not underwater :(
like the room where leng is.

Succubus/incubus drain about 20 mana each battle round. Can't imagine how to use it. Dont know even is Cthulgha male or female..

As for me, I found that most of supplicants are useless :(
(exception for euda, bird, valk, mare and ghul)
hope, im wrong, and they have hidden advantages :)
Assirian
40 Prime Poster

Postby Vixn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:22 pm

[quote="Assirian":mdvje57d]seems like that Cthulgha's room is not underwater :(
like the room where leng is.[/quote:mdvje57d]

This room is underwater room, believe me. Or just run there and dispel water breathing spell / remove water breathing eq.

[quote="Assirian":mdvje57d]Succubus/incubus drain about 20 mana each battle round. Can't imagine how to use it. Dont know even is Cthulgha male or female..[/quote:mdvje57d]

Cthulgha is a thing. And succubus/incubus won't survive more then 2 rounds against any middle mob.
So as for me they are completly useless.

[quote="Assirian":mdvje57d]hope, im wrong, and they have hidden advantages :)[/quote:mdvje57d]

gjinn may cast 'wind of fortune'
and as I heard xeg may heal necro pets
and kachina... yeah, this guy makes almost as much junk as Jason does :wink:

Vixn
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Necromancer