Heartbeat

Information about the necro class

Heartbeat

Postby deucer » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:56 pm

Necro is a cool classo and I find my Ne/Wa character great for soloing. However, soloing is not all that SlothMud is about. Getting to know other players is at least as important. Most of the players keep an eye out for each other. Some monitor their friends via tell commands, others use (clan) channels. As soon as a player disappears the alarms are raised via gossip. And this is where this little suggestion comes in.

It would be great if the necromancer (die-hard soloists :wink: ) would get access to a new spell to monitor another character's heartbeat, say by casting 'hearbeat' <charname>. When that character becomes incapacitated or worse i.e., when the heartbeat drops dramatically or stops altogether, the caster would receive a warning (like a spirit watcher does).

Come to think of it, an expansion on the idea would be to use it on mobs. It would prevent numerous look commands, and make newbie necros flee their followers on time when in group and less clumsy :oops:

Since I'm very noob myself I can't judge on game balance when introducing such a spell/ability. But often I wished to be able to help other players while I'm soloing. Necromancers deal with life/death forces of all kinds, and this little idea kind of is in line with their classo. So here it is.
Looking forward to your replies.

Happy Hunting,

Deucer a.k.a. Zuuul
deucer

Return to Necromancer