Curse Spell

Information about the necro class

Curse Spell

Postby SirRobin » Fri May 27, 2005 12:06 pm

Is Curse a defensive or offensive spell? I can’t make out what it does by its description, and haven’t noticed any effect when using it on a mob? It sounds like it may mark the mob with an aura, making it easier to hit, but also gives it a bad smell, making it harder to hit. The length it lasts makes it sound like a defensive spell, but I hate to try it on myself without knowing, since it lasts so long. :?
SirRobin
40 Prime Poster

Postby Alberich » Fri May 27, 2005 12:11 pm

curse/damn are support spells - they basically lower the mobs hitroll, and stack with blind. They are not really 'offensive' any more than blind or web are, as they don't damage the mob or anything.
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby 12345 » Fri May 27, 2005 12:35 pm

It's actually a pretty cool spell. As Alberich pointed out, it lowers the mob's hitroll. The effect would be much the same as lowering your AC a point. Mostly useful for tankish types to reduce the damage taken during battle and against group chop mobs, such as Ersa on Valk. Can make a difficult battle much, much easier or be completely worthless depending on the mob.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby SirRobin » Sat May 28, 2005 12:44 am

Thanks for the info. Sounds like another nice little addition to the Necro’s arsenal. 8)
SirRobin
40 Prime Poster

Return to Necromancer