Deathgrip vs Backstab

Information about the monk class

Deathgrip vs Backstab

Postby Methyx » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:24 am

Has anyone managed to work out the basic formula/mechanics for damage done with Deathgrip?

As I understand it, the backstab works under the premise of a multiplier that goes up roughly every 4 levels. Strength related and EQ related +Dam modifiers are added to total damage prior to multiplication, then any Stab Dam and Focus related modifiers are added afterwards.

Is Deathgrip damage also based on a multiplied damage scale, or is it a level determined base damage divided over the 3-4 rounds needed before the grip is broken? How are damage modifiers such as strength, EQ, hand damage, and focus factored for grip damage?

I know I'm asking for some pretty detailed info on this one, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this :P

Methyx
Vagabond Monk
Methyx

Postby 13 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:09 am

Hard to say really about multipliers or whatever. As far as I can tell its like reverse chain lightning. My first rip on deathgrip with full focus and +19dmg
seems to be doing about 420 +/-. Second rip is half, 3rd is half of that and 4th ends up being half of 3rd amount. SO the grand total is usually between
750-800 ? It's hard to say exactly. This is from limited testing I have done in the arena. I would like to go in with Medios and 13 and a bard and test everything with and without focus, and with and without gods of war. Backstab info has been floating around since 1996 at least, we need to figure out the monk shit asap :}

Aaron/Thirteen
~[DoW]~
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Modello » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:01 am

Figuring out exactly what and how focus adds to the equation would be nice to know as well. As a prime sometimes I can focus for 6-8 rounds..... does anyone know what this does in term of the amout of damage imparted? At times it seems like focusing makes very little difference in the amount of damage done when grippin or with wraithtouch.
Modello

Postby 13 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:07 am

most of the mobs we can kill with wraith are small enough that we whack them without focusing, this is why it doesnt seem to matter i think.
we have kensai as a prime skill, but it can fail, and revert to focus, which can fail and say you lose focus

i think :)
aa

Postby Modello » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:33 am

Figuring out exactly what and how focus adds to the equation would be nice to know as well. As a prime sometimes I can focus for 6-8 rounds..... does anyone know what this does in term of the amout of damage imparted? At times it seems like focusing makes very little difference in the amount of damage done when grippin or with wraithtouch.
Modello

Postby 13 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:56 pm

Ok..

Postby Leaf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:07 pm

Would be cool if we can find out how much of a % boost a focus can give.
Like focus 1x grip see the dam, focus 2x grip see the dam, focus 3x grip
see the etc....
I think full focus it gives almost 2x the dam so around 1.8% or something
like that.
Leaf

Postby Leaf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:42 pm

[quote="Powerhouse":1nyf7rch]
Well I am guessing since Tower coded it, and since he coded most of the other new class stuffs, it works as well as those, and those didn't work goods either since the admins had to fix almost alls of thems.[/quote:1nyf7rch]

Huh???
Leaf

Return to Monk