Critical Hit

Information about the monk class

Critical Hit

Postby Methyx » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:23 pm

The recent addition of Critical Hit to the Warrior's skill list is a very nice touch and a welcome addition to all those warriors out there. However, it would seem logical that Monks have to do an intense study of anatomy to effectively damage with just bare hands. And thus, Critical Hit would be a skill that would naturally fall into a monk's skill set as well as a warrior's.

I understand that balance of play is a key consideration when changes such as this are made. Would adding the Critical Hit to the monk's skill set over power the class? Opinions and comments would be appreciated in this monk's humble quest for enlightenment ;)

Methyx
Vagabond Monk

BTW Keep up the good work...love the recent changes :)
Methyx

No

Postby *Splork* » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:37 pm

Monks will not be getting critical hit. They already have several skills which enhance their damage, as well as the amount of attacks they have. Right now, Warriors have 13 skills( and two of those were added TODAY) compared to 20 for thieves, and 25 for monks.

Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Yasik » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:42 am

Should we hope to see more Warrior skills added someday?
Yasik

Postby Uli » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:24 am

Improved attack is pretty much what monks get.  Other classes don't get it.  If you want critical hits play a monk with warrior in the class like Uli.
<P><P>On a side note, I don't know of ANY monk primes that have reached prime 40 without warrior in the class order.&nbsp; I know of Dylan, Shaolin, Eternity and Uli.&nbsp; Is there a monk that's reached prime 40 without warrior at all in the class order?&nbsp; I'm curious about this.</P>
Uli

Postby blackmore » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:15 pm

Regarding the new changes...

Warriors desperately needed new skills. I've said many times that the class was extremely weak when compared to the skills and spells of other classes. I'm glad they're finally addressing it. One of these days, I might even break out my wa prime again, now that he should be able to kill mobs in under 20 minutes.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:42 pm

[quote="blackmore":340rv621]One of these days, I might even break out my wa prime again, now that he should be able to kill mobs in under 20 minutes.[/quote:340rv621] LOL :D
..never know, Sarge may even make an appearance.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Leizu » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:48 pm

I think warriors could get some more skills even after latest additions.
Leizu

Return to Monk