57%
No
29%
Who Cares?
14%

Total votes : 42

Postby Tap » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:03 am

Nope.. not a troll but a phoenix

Oh.. not sure how old that post was but I think it got cut off. Was adding onto furball's idea of clasps. A gem/clasp that could be attached to weapons/gloves would be possible addition. And to keep it fair, you couldnt have a valker weapon with say high-dam spell clasp attachment. example below for those who I failed to articulate for

level20 and under could do an autoquest and gain (according to their primary class clasp) a spell clasp for weapon/gloves. In this case we will use mage.

level 20 - flawed sapphire gem - shocking clasp
level 30 - nearly perfect cut diamond - fireball
level 40 - eye of <insert MOB here> - ice ray
avatar status could possible get a lower level group-attack spell like ****** shower or similiar

flame on
Tap

Postby Leaf » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:37 pm

[quote="13":21jd25gw]was it hades that got banned?

[quote:21jd25gw]Monk Hand Dam Gloves would be rockin![/quote:21jd25gw]

Gauntlets of the Yellow Rose[/quote:21jd25gw]

I was saying about the Monk 3x40 Hand with more dam would be rockin
Or a +1 Hand -.4 held low (Monk Book'ish)
Better yet those beads that monks use to claim themselves. (U know in the
movie they walk around rolling these beads in their hands. Quick thinking
gay stuff AA ... anal beads is what u were thinking!)
Leaf

Postby Teron » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Any imm opinions on this? It'd be fun to use weapons as a monk.

Possibly, by adding +1/2hit, +1/2dam, skill procs (trip, strike, blind, etc) or both.
Teron

Postby Weasel » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:42 pm

I thought one of the major 'things' about monks was their bare handed fighting skills like deathgrip, counterattack etc (I don't play monk so whatever).. but if you want to use weapons, seems to me you should be playing a warrior prime. Or lose some monk bare-handed fighting skills.
:twisted:
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Brujah » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:46 pm

Saying this as a monk: Giev nunchakas and shurikens pls kk? :)
Brujah

Postby Vixn » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:11 pm

[quote="Brujah":197hw1qm]Saying this as a monk: Giev nunchakas and shurikens pls kk? :)[/quote:197hw1qm]

I bet 'nunchakas' must have proc to hit monk's balls.

Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Brujah » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Brujah

Postby marge » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:52 am

I wish the monk skill stun worked better. Currently it seems it successfully stuns less than the warrior skill broadside does.
marge
40 Prime Poster

Postby Brujah » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:24 pm

[quote="marge":sekxhpmg]I wish the monk skill stun worked better. Currently it seems it successfully stuns less than the warrior skill broadside does.[/quote:sekxhpmg]

Frankly - I don't see this as a big issue, because as it is right now, stun skill is useless anyway.
In 98% of situations instead of a _chance_ to stun a mob and avoid that wind it's going to blast it is better to just strike and kill the mob faster (avoiding that wind for sure).
Help file says chance to stun grows with focus - which is also useless because it's clearly more worthy to strike for ~8 rounds than wait for a full focus and then see "You hit the mob, but it doesn't look stunned."

Stun % should be raised [b:sekxhpmg]considerably[/b:sekxhpmg] to make it any worth using, even on Alhoon.
Brujah

Postby Weasel » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:32 pm

[quote="Brujah":1ls9f9o3][quote="marge":1ls9f9o3]I wish the monk skill stun worked better. Currently it seems it successfully stuns less than the warrior skill broadside does.[/quote:1ls9f9o3]

Frankly - I don't see this as a big issue, because as it is right now, stun skill is useless anyway.
In 98% of situations instead of a _chance_ to stun a mob and avoid that wind it's going to blast it is better to just strike and kill the mob faster (avoiding that wind for sure).
Help file says chance to stun grows with focus - which is also useless because it's clearly more worthy to strike for ~8 rounds than wait for a full focus and then see "You hit the mob, but it doesn't look stunned."

Stun % should be raised [b:1ls9f9o3]considerably[/b:1ls9f9o3] to make it any worth using, even on Alhoon.[/quote:1ls9f9o3]

Sounds like Monk's version of Warrior's flail.
Weasel
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Previous

Return to Monk