Just hit level 8 and need to travel

Information about the monk class

Just hit level 8 and need to travel

Postby SirRobin » Thu May 05, 2005 1:39 pm

Greetings,

I just hit level 8 and need to leave the comfort of VK for either AH or BH, to get the Strike book. Is one choice better than the other? Thanks.

Sir Robin
SirRobin
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Thu May 05, 2005 2:26 pm

Manuals have a strange ability to travel. If you check 'time started' and it shows the game has been up about half a day or so, there's a good chance the book book has already been popped by someone who doesn't need it and it's lying around somewhere.

Good places to check include the Valk library. Sometimes folks bring the books back to Valk to sell them, or even just to drop them on the floor. The scribe shop in BH is a good place to check for stray books. If you have locate object, or know someone with the spell, it's handy to check to see if the book is already lying around.

I'm not familiar with the City of Ice... though I know it's a newbie area. The quickling area can be fairly agressive. It's one of my least favorite areas at low levels, though it's got decent pop rates for books. Try to stay hidden and keep an eye on your hps if you head that way.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby impz » Fri May 06, 2005 1:07 am

i would advice robin to go via thule (the city of ice) to pop the strike sb. However, if there's a need, just ping impz when you see him online and tell him "Can you pop a strike sb for me"...

Although, that's the assumption that he's online and not afk. :)
what is life if full of care, if we have no time to stop and stare?
impz
40 Prime Poster

Postby SirRobin » Fri May 06, 2005 3:06 pm

Thanks for all the advice. Turns out that the Ice Boy does pop the manual every time, at least he has for the three times I killed him. Ice City can be a little dangerous; besides the woman with the poodle there is also a problem with the mobs conning a little lower than they should. It a mob cons “fairly easy” have all you HP before you attack, and be ready to flee if you need to.
SirRobin
40 Prime Poster

Return to Monk