Some clarification

Information about the druid class

Some clarification

Postby Zeizel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:33 am

I was reading through a lot of the older forum topics last night, and I saw a lot about the nerf'ing of various classes. Since most of what I read was conjecture by players, and at least a month old (and I know there have been a lot of changes to the MUD recently), I was wondering if anyone would mind spelling out the benefits of being a Druid Prime over being, say, Druid Tertiary?

I know primes get Canopied Arbor and Shield of Thorns. (Our tweaked magic-rope and weakened sanc)

I also know that we get a regen bonus for being Prime, but I'm sketchy on exactly what that bonus is. I've heard from someone in-game that we get a 25% regen bonus, where non-primes get less. I've also read in the forum that we get a flat +30mr, which I believe I read has been nerfed down a bit.

As far as shapeshift is concerned, I've heard rumors that Druid Primes get a bonus to shifted hp/ma/mv. I've also heard that primes get a bonus to stats, and that we don't get any bonus to shifted forms at all.

When I started Sloth, I was just coming from an RP enforced MUD, and the reasons I chose Druid as my prime (without knowing much of anything about the MUD) were purely RP driven. I just wanted to play a Druid style character.

Now that I'm beginning to understand a bit more about the mechanics of the game, and I've noticed that not many people RP, I'm wondering exactly how much my choice of primary class is hurting me.

Is a Wa/Dr just as powerful of a Druid as a Dr/Wa? If so, does the same kind of relationship exist between other classes, or have Druids been singled out?

Thanks for everyone's input!
Zeizel

Postby Alberich » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:46 am

the major, all-around upside to dr primes are their insane regen - even nerfed, it is not hard for a lowbie druid (3x40-ish) to regen 100+ mana outdoors. aside from that, I do believe dr primes get bonuses to their shifted forms, as well as less lag when battleshifting.
as for your questions about classo... it really depends on how you want to play. druids are all about insane regen, whereas warriors are about high hps/good ac - if you want to sit in groups, a dr/wa would be a better choice than a wa/dr (and a dr/cl or dr/ma would be better than either). I could not think of any real reason to make a wa/dr, except possibly for that regen bonus - but really, if you can shift, you don't need a warriors hps, and if you are a warrior prime, you have no real reason to ever shift (yes, I know people go on about shifting for crs, but it's just as easy to simply log on another char once you corpse, and the lower dr forms cannot kill anything that might have looted, so I've never been too impresed by that).
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Leaf » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:48 am

I'm not sure what RP stands for ... but. As a Druid prime now u get around
+20 mr from what I believe. Druid second receive +15 or +10 mr can't
remeber which one. 3rd and 4th druids gets nothing on extra mr. Now
regarding druid in different class order. There was a change a few weeks
ago that makes druid class "matter" in order. A prime druid doesn't have
any - (negs) when shifted into a Dragon. Which means if ur a Druid 2nd,
3rd, or 4th, you receive a -% on ur hp when shifted. A prime Druid when
shifted into Dragon will have more hp then a druid in 2nd, 3rd, or 4h. I'm
not sure of the % that it goes down, but I think Annie has only 1600hp when
in Piesa because she is druid 4th. Leizu has around 2000hp when he is in
that same forum.

I'm not 100% correct, it's from what I've heard. I hope this helpped.
Leaf

Postby Zeizel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:58 am

I've noticed that I have rather poor regen rates, myself. For being *the* regen class, I still have to wait usually around 10 ticks to completely regen my measely 300 mana (and YES, I'm regenning outside). Is this something that's beefed up w/Dr levels?

Also, does anyone know if any of the Imms have given thought to a prime-only shift? I've read a lot of suggestions along those lines (I really liked the elemental shift suggestion I saw somewhere), but I haven't heard anything except suggestions.

Seeing as how shapeshift is our class's equivelant of summoning the dead, it seems reasonable that we'd get a bonus to shifting that was somewhere along the power boost of a Ju-Ju zombie.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on where a Druid prime might like to do XP runs at level 25? I found that I can wander the Catacombs on BH as long as I keep up my undead visage, but I can't shift there because I need to web the MOBs (and I've yet to get a Battleshift SB).

As always, thanks for your responses!
Zeizel

Postby Zeizel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:01 am

[quote="Leaf":3knxlio0]I'm not sure what RP stands for ... but. As a Druid prime now u get around
+20 mr from what I believe. Druid second receive +15 or +10 mr can't
remeber which one. 3rd and 4th druids gets nothing on extra mr. Now
regarding druid in different class order. There was a change a few weeks
ago that makes druid class "matter" in order. A prime druid doesn't have
any - (negs) when shifted into a Dragon. Which means if ur a Druid 2nd,
3rd, or 4th, you receive a -% on ur hp when shifted. A prime Druid when
shifted into Dragon will have more hp then a druid in 2nd, 3rd, or 4h. I'm
not sure of the % that it goes down, but I think Annie has only 1600hp when
in Piesa because she is druid 4th. Leizu has around 2000hp when he is in
that same forum.
[/quote:3knxlio0]

Okay, thanks for the info! I assume the +20mr is something that builds up w/levels?

By the way, RP stands for Role Play[ing].
Zeizel

Postby Alberich » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:10 am

druid regen increases with levels, like everyone elses - regen is maxed at 2x40 (until avatar levels) I believe. Also need to figure in regen eq - part of what gives druids their mad regen is the really, really nice +mr gear that is dr restricted.

Alberich

Postby Zeizel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:58 am

Okay, so then regenning about 20 mana / tick with +6 MR worth of EQ is normal for a low-level Druid?

Am I right in thinking that increased regen is somewhat weak, especially when compared to whoppers like JuJu? I've heard that the JuJu zombie is amazing, and 2xNecros don't get _any_ access to him.

Just drawing on what I've read here, a Druid Prime's 'advantage' for being prime is a slightly beefier regen then a Secondary Druid. Necro Primes, on the other hand, get a huge power boost over Secondary Necros.

I'm not sure how the rest of the classes are, but it seems to me that we Druids got the shaft. Regen is nice, but if it's mostly from Dr restricted EQ, that means anyone with Druid can wear it (I've seen very little EQ that's prime restricted).

My suggestion: Either beef up Dr Primes (give us a new prime-only shape that starts low and increases w/levels, like the JuJu) or nerf Dr Secondaries (make Naga / Dragon / Mythics Prime only).
Zeizel

Postby Leaf » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:35 am

If u only regen 20mr a tick with +6regen eq... +14mr sounds WAY WAY to
low even if u are lvl25. Unfortuantly you won't see ur mana regen until 2x40.
The best thing to do is time it from ur watch and see how much regen u get.

I also like the idea of "Prime" eq for druid only. I know there are Prime eq
for other classes, but not sure if there are any for Druids yet (besides auto).
I would like to know if a Druid could EVER get -1.0 ac in shifted mode. Before
the flames, I want to say the -.3 neck is incorrect and worn about the body.
Leaf

Postby Alberich » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:45 am

there's prime eq for all classes - search eqlist.

as for the ac thing... you can get enough to be webbable... beyond that.. i do not think anyone would find it reasonable for a 4x caster to be able to get -11 ac (which would be dragon ironed with -1.0 ac from shifted gear)

Alberich

Postby Leaf » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:49 am

[quote="Alberich":12peiwrb]there's prime eq for all classes - search eqlist.

as for the ac thing... you can get enough to be webbable... beyond that.. i do not think anyone would find it reasonable for a 4x caster to be able to get -11 ac (which would be dragon ironed with -1.0 ac from shifted gear)[/quote:12peiwrb]

Please list all the eq for -1.0? I don't see anything on the eq list that would
even come "Close" to -1.0 Again, Cloak of Thorns Aditu Ogre Caverns -0.3
Is around the body and not neck, so u can't have -.6 on neck. Also I only
see 1 Prime eq for Druid which is the +15mana low, but I perfer my +2mr
shift pouch :)
Leaf

Postby Leaf » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:59 am

[quote="Alberich":2sd4s1ux]there's prime eq for all classes - search eqlist.

as for the ac thing... you can get enough to be webbable... beyond that.. i do not think anyone would find it reasonable for a 4x caster to be able to get -11 ac (which would be dragon ironed with -1.0 ac from shifted gear)[/quote:2sd4s1ux]

Please list all the eq for -1.0? I don't see anything on the eq list that would
even come "Close" to -1.0 Again, Cloak of Thorns Aditu Ogre Caverns -0.3
Is around the body and not neck, so u can't have -.6 on neck. Also I only
see 1 Prime eq for Druid which is the +15mana low, but I perfer my +2mr
shift pouch :)
Leaf

Postby Alberich » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:25 am

i didn't say it was possible to get the -1.0 with shifted eq, i said it would be unreasonable :) i also seem to recall some +12 ma wrist thingies that where dr prime in cloud giants, as well as that badass hat they get for their prime auto

Alberich

Postby Zeizel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:35 am

I was timing that with a Tick Counter, so it's fairly accurate. I watched fairly closely when I was solo'ing last night, and the average I saw was 21 mana / tick.

As you said, +14mr nat sounds pretty lacking, especially considering that's my "bonus" for being a Druid Prime. Can we ***PLEASE*** get some kind of prime-only shift? Preferably one that gets better as we level, so it isn't obsoleted by Dragon?

What about letting a Druid Prime pick one of his forms to specialize in? It would have to be a one-time deal, but you could let a Dr Prime specialize in one form and have that form improve with levels. There would have to be some way to balance these out, because otherwise everyone would just specialize in Dragon.

I'd like to have a 'favorite' form that, for instance, costs no mana to maintain (although it might cost more mana to shift into). Maybe have something where a Dr Prime can 'heighten' any of his favorite form's stats / skills and have that cost mana to maintain?

Just a passing thought / pipe dream :-P
Zeizel

Postby Alexdmage » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:20 pm

It IS possible to collect -1.0 AC shiftable eq, right now i need 4 cps to finish my, you just need to take 3x40 clasp maple leaf brooch for that.

Here is list:
Thick Leather Belt -0.1
Dolphin skin boots -0.1
robe +maple leaf brooch -0.5 or even -0.6 if you got tons of drachma
cloak/guards +garunsci (or something like that) shiftable clasp -0.2/-0.3
sun emblem + ruby studded charm -0.1
it makes -1.0/-1.2 AC in total
Alexdmage

Next

Return to Druid