The New Changes To Druid

Information about the druid class

Postby jezer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:46 am

Turn in the trail
The sheer rock walls of the mountain rise up to the east and north blocking
the way in those directions. A sharp turn in the trail leads south, down
into a ravine. Westward a steep path winds through the mountains.
Exits: South West
Bazilus is lying here, dead.
You sense a hidden life form in the room.

<41hp 704ma 7mv 4.5ac -3al 342992249xp +32mr>
rr bazilus
A boulder from the south slams you to the ground!
You are mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.

<-8hp 703ma 9mv 1.0ac -3al 342992249xp +48mr>
You are dead! Sorry...
You have been KILLED!!

I still haven't tried sparrow yet, but ferret is a piece of rubbish. However upon doing help shapeshift I see all shift forms below tree are immune to aggro... Hopefully one of these forms can survive at least one room proc.

Oh and BTW, I might have relo now, but I still don't know 75% of areas all that well, so if you corpse while I am trying to get you... please understand in advance, I'll be doing my best, and if that proves not to be good enough, I'm sorry.
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Mosaix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:58 am

First of all I am always grateful when from time to time I need a rescue by a ferret style individual.

However, it is an appropriate change. A 40hp tiny animal should not be immune to what is going on around it. Boulders, darts, lightning, flames etc.

I guess it makes the game more challenging/interesting.
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Stryx » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:30 am

Are we going back to realism again, in this fantasy game?
I can understand ferrets being hurt by element rooms, i.e. fire/cold/acid rooms, but you try throwing a missile at a ferret.

Due to the size of a ferret, shouldnt it have pretty decent DEX, like 25 or something, making it a lot less likely to be hit. I guess ferret heading for the scrapheap along with most of the other forms.

As for making the game more interesting/challenging, shapeshift piasa works pretty well on cr's.
Stryx
40 Prime Poster

Postby Mosaix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:53 am

Then request to make ferret ethereal and enjoy the fantasy.
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:20 pm

Can I be perma-ethereal too? I'm ferret's cousin after all. :D
Weasel

Postby Mosaix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Weasels now get perm wraithform :) !
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Medios » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:07 pm

Chrissy helped me kill some raid mobs the other day and I noticed she did not receive any honor for the kills. She was shifted and I was tanking. I received honor and she did not.
Fight the Good Fight!

~[DoW]~
Medios

Postby Weasel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:17 pm

[quote="Mosaix":3rpurb5i]Weasels now get perm wraithform :) ![/quote:3rpurb5i]
awesome!
Weasel

Postby jezer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:52 pm

To Medios...

Shiv was showing me the elementals in drexel the other night, and I complained that I only got 1 honor point out of 34 for killing them. He said it sounded like a bug and HE and DAVE would be looking at it... So DAVE will fix it soon :twisted:

To Weasel...

If you really want to be like your cousins... make his hp's 35 and let him run off to tank desert in his esteemed -12ac.

As for CR's/Non Aggro...

It's a shame ferret is now so crunchy... but at least in this case we do have alternatives! I've decided in the future unless I know the area and mob/room procs I'll probably go in as tarantula, as it is my most powerful form that I can nearly maintain (mana wise)... if I get aggro'ed and have to recall... well you'll be out of luck.

Although I do like Stryx's idea of a bit of rationalisation... what chance does a ferret or bird have of being hit by lightning? And from my experience as a small kid chucking stones at animals :twisted: I'd say a few of them are good at dodging boulders too... like birds for example... Those things are so hard to hit with stones... :twisted:

I used to have the perception that I could explore the world safely in ferret... I realise this is stupid now, half my deaths are attributed to being in ferret form these days. I'll probably learn a lot more being aggro'ed anyway.
jezer

Postby jezer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:06 pm

Hmm, I gotta a new form Suggestion to combat some of the problems...

shapeshift kangaroo

Skills:

Jumping in front of cars.
Crapping all over the ground.
Running blindly into fences.

But then again, too much in common with weasel form! :twisted:
jezer

Postby Weasel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:01 pm

[quote="jezer":nedqdax0]Hmm, I gotta a new form Suggestion to combat some of the problems...

shapeshift kangaroo

Skills:

Jumping in front of cars.
Crapping all over the ground.
Running blindly into fences.

But then again, too much in common with weasel form! :twisted:[/quote:nedqdax0]

That's a lie!
..when I run into fences, I have my eyes wide open. usually.
Weasel

Postby jezer » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:42 pm

Judge shape shifted me into two new forms last night... One of wish crashed the mud I think... heh

They were still experimental... but probably the one most worth mentioning was armadillo which would have -6ac and 2 attacks on VK. It had 300hp. Also he said the form should hit like a player who has a holy sword.

This would be extremely welcome in those completely crap early years... which I am still trying to forget. I think armadillo has the dig command.

The other form was about half the size, 150hp and had fly and dark sight If I recall correctly. Avatar forms are pretty cool, but I think increasing the lower forms will actually see more druid primes, as druids are among the most painfully slow starters.
jezer

Postby *juggleblood* » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:03 pm

awesome, being a noob druid prime is tha worst
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Postby Roadrunr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:18 pm

[quote="jezer":354kxphr]Judge shape shifted me into two new forms last night... One of wish crashed the mud I think... heh

They were still experimental... but probably the one most worth mentioning was armadillo which would have -6ac and 2 attacks on VK. It had 300hp. Also he said the form should hit like a player who has a holy sword.

This would be extremely welcome in those completely crap early years... which I am still trying to forget. I think armadillo has the dig command.

The other form was about half the size, 150hp and had fly and dark sight If I recall correctly. Avatar forms are pretty cool, but I think increasing the lower forms will actually see more druid primes, as druids are among the most painfully slow starters.[/quote:354kxphr]

druids may start painfully slow but they end very well, no need for druids to have a cakewalk from level one...no one else does...
Roadrunr
Double 40 Poster

Postby Widow » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Actually - I started a thief/mage and ... frankly it's been pretty easy on VK - all things considered.
Necros are the life of the Undead party.
Widow
Double 40 Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Druid