Unshift HP Loss

Information about the druid class

Unshift HP Loss

Postby jezer » Wed May 14, 2008 10:03 pm

I've talked about this before... but I would like to get to the bottom of what causes it, as I am trying to work out my future path for spending xp tokens.

Lets say I have 691hp.
I shift into say dragon form.
Then I immediately return back.
I now only have 625hp.

What causes this loss? There are two theories...

1, The characters nat con is used to determine the returning hp's and because mine is 15 I loose hp's.

2, This theory which I believe was put forward by Medios, the game is programmed to remove a little hp automatically when you unshift.

I need to know which one it is, because if it is infact the first theory, then I will be buying con points as 5x40... otherwise... I would be wasting my time.

The easiest way to check this, is for somebody who is at least lvl 40 druid, with 18 [b:3j7j2mpw]NAT[/b:3j7j2mpw] con, shift dragon, unshift and then report back there hp before and after the shifting... If you could do that, it would be much appreciated.
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Weasel » Thu May 15, 2008 12:26 am

It would seem to make sense that when shifted you only get your nat Con (or any other stat for that matter), unless you have eq that you can wear while shifted to make it up, just as you do when not shifted. HOWEVER, in saying that, when we non-shifting peoples change eq which effects, for example, Con, the corresponding loss in hp degrades slowly, not all at once, which I think would be the main issue here.

If you buy stats once you're 5x40, they become your new nat stats afaik (they aren't attached to eq for example, unless you get them as part of your avatar light), so presumably they would come through when shifted too. That's at least what I would imagine, but hey, I'm just a dumb tank.
:P
Weasel

Postby strider » Thu May 15, 2008 2:22 am

no matter what your con is if you shift into somethin at max hps, then shift back to human form, you will lose hps as you shift back. this is done soley to prevent people from shifting to ferret w/ 1hp in human form, quaffing a couple dull gold potions to heal ferret to full, then shifting back to a full hp human. because early on that's what people did, nice way to regen 700hps for the cost of a cure crit. so it got fixed and this is how they chose to do it. max out con, max out hps, max out whatever, you will always shift back to human form short of full.
strider
40 Prime Poster

Postby jezer » Thu May 15, 2008 2:40 am

Thanks for clearing that up... :)

Ok, this is painful... because the difference between a full shift, and a shift return and then a shift is as much as 200hp off the total form!

I'd much rather not be able to use potions shifted, and return to full.
jezer

Return to Druid