Un-shifted Druids

Information about the druid class

Un-shifted Druids

Postby Widow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:29 pm

Ok, I am not Prime Druid, but I am 2nd and there are a few spells at L20 that I've found have been more than helpful. Freshwater and regeneration and fluidity come immediately to mind. Even though I'm new and considerably lower level than many ppl on this mud, are there advantages to un-shifted druids aside from these spells?

I haven't read much on this board about 'awaken', the recently renamed 'natures familiar' spell. Are those worth using or do ppl rely on charmies or their necro class to get followers? (btw, if anyone has a spare sb for this, let me know).

Given that the Druid class has innate defensive and healing spells along with the ability to have followers, wouldn't they be just as effective un-shifted? And with the followers, can you still control them in a shifted form?

Thanks,
Widow
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Druids Unshifted

Postby Avatar » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:26 pm

I'd guess that the biggest benefit to druids unshifted is the bonus mana regen. If you haven't seen already, you'll regen mana much faster if you stand/rest/sleep outdoors rather than indoors. Use the "weather" command to check, if you're indoors you won't be able to see the weather. That bonus mana regen will help to power any spells from druid or your other classes.

Since you have necro also, I think you'll be a little disappointed with the druid followers. Druid followers are useful in a few situations, mainly if you're a druid without necro in your classo or if you want to shift. If you shift, you can order your druid followers only. You won't be able to order necro pets or cleric supps.

Also, it can be useful to remember that your prime class determines the "lag" that you suffer when you order your pets. Anytime you tell them to do something, you have a delay before your next command. If you are ordering pets from your prime class (necro for example), this is a 1 tick delay. If you're ordering pets from other classes (awaken, supplication), you'll have a 2 tick delay.

Good luck, I hope this helps.
Charles
Triple 40 Poster

Re: Druids Unshifted

Postby tincts » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:13 pm

[quote="Avatar":23jkusd3]If you are ordering pets from your prime class (necro for example), this is a 1 tick delay. If you're ordering pets from other classes (awaken, supplication), you'll have a 2 tick delay.

[/quote:23jkusd3]
Just to clarify (not being anal), it's a 1/2 battle round delay, not tick.
The man was either mad or both.
tincts
Double 40 Poster

Postby Widow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:13 am

Good deal. Now if I could just get the sb, I'd give it a shot!
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Return to Druid