Favourite / suggested Druid classo

Information about the druid class

What is your fav Druid prime classo (solo oriented)

Dr/Cl
72%
Dr/Mo
11%
Dr/Wa
No votes
Dr/Ne
17%
Dr/Th
No votes
Dr/Ba
No votes

Total votes : 18

Favourite / suggested Druid classo

Postby Taki » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:02 am

Hi all!

I just started playing Sloth and one of my alts is a Druid prime. I choose Monk as secondary thinking i could benefit from the bare handed advantages and skills of Monk even when shifted, then - reading the board - i noticed most of the human form skills/spells are not available when shifted. No biggie... I do hope at least damage reduction and improved attack keep on working in form... I will see :)

In any case I think Monk is a good backup class for a druid, not needing to carry weapons around.

Please feel free to vote in the poll and explain your choice or add your comments!

T.
Patience and powerful strikes!
Taki
40 Prime Poster

PS

Postby Taki » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:06 am

*Grunt*

Dr/MA has been left off...
Patience and powerful strikes!
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Postby Leaf » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:56 am

A dru/mo from what I've understand doesn't get any bonus when shifted.
I picked Druid/Cleric, because thats what I am. I get massive mana regen.
Also I can shift to a dragon now kick some ass, shift back and heal self.
However alot of ppl well say Dr/Ne are great, because of the undead
followers they have.
Leaf

dr/cl

Postby Avatar » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:06 am

I voted for dr/cl, even though I play a dr/ne. I've been a little unsatisfied with dr/ne. Necro is a great combination for druid, but with the way followers are structured now it doesn't seem best to have necro second. A druid with necro second gets the same followers as a druid with necro quad, once he gets the levels up there. Cleric on the other hand will get better supplication forms if the cleric class is second rather than third or fourth. So my recommendation would be dr/xx/xx/ne for players who intend to reach avatar some day.

The druid prime regen bonus seems like an optimal way to compensate for the lesser mana regen of a caster/noncaster class. A dr/nc should regen better (outdoors) than a non-druid ca/ca. I haven't though of any combination that would benefit from that, really. Perhaps a dr/th could stab a mob then use battleshift to shift and finish the fight, similarly dr/mo might grip then battleshift, but I don't know how effective that would be.
Triple 40 Poster

Postby daedalus » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:23 am

As most of you know im a druid/cleric, I am really satisfied with what I can kill while being solo. Though I would have to say that I couldnt solo the stuff i do without the undeads that I am able to get. Most of the druids that I happen to know has necro in their classo, even if it isnt secondary which does make it easier to solo. The mana regen is real good for a druid/cleric but i believe you have to work at that too by getting the good mana regen eq. I regen outdoors at 128 with all my mana gear on, 92 without eq on yet i understand that there are many players that dont get this that are 40av, but if your whole playing style deals with mana no ac without it then it makes a big difference.
daedalus

Return to Druid