Bard song questions

Information about the bard class

Bard song questions

Postby Widow » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:07 pm

Couple things - first is that it's interesting with all of the changes to bard songs that nobody's commented on this section since '06.

Second, I think it is GREAT that bards can now see who their song affects. My question is has anyone figured out how this works yet? I thought that by targeting the leader that I'd get as many ppls as my song can target, but that's not the case. There are several instances where I'd target the leader of the group and only affect two people (out of 6) or sometimes even 1, maybe not even the intended target!

If anyone could shed some light on this, that'd be great. Just for fyi - I'm bard 4th w/ little charisma eq bonuses. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, a message to the immorts: Give Bards the ability to build off one another! It could mean increasing length of song effect or increasing potency of affected peoples. Either way - it's a way cool idea.
Necros are the life of the Undead party.
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:33 pm

If another Bard is playing the same song, urs wouldn't work. Also Lions
and Gods ... Gods adds more dam so it takes effect and then Lions if any
needs it. Ooo same with Brothers and Valor too.
Leaf

Postby strider » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:51 pm

Your song can affect as many as nine people.

this means if you max out your charisma, it can hit 9. that's the limit based on your classo. w/ your low charisma you might hit 2-3, raise it up and you'll start to hit more and more till ya max out at the 9. as far as targetting your songs, i don't believe you can, they just hit who they hit. not sure how it determines that order. and i doubt they'll let lill bards build on each other, that would defeat the purpse of having a bard prime. since their songs will pretty much hit everyone.

peace out
strider
40 Prime Poster

Postby alias » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Would like sanct for the soul and body, and 7 luck to work more. There are very few higher bards that play and they definitely help the group dynamic.
A good bard will usually sing more than one song at a time, I learned this from Mike and when I play mine I try to keep Oghams up for the tank and Gods up for the rest of the group. I used to try to keep brothers up for the stabber but since its been changed not much point in that. Bard primes get an advantage of using good instruments that let the song last longer for less mana and have greater affects and add to the number of people they affect. Also attunement to mental is awesome for bards as almost if not all songs are mental.

Alias (Fez)
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Re: Bard song questions

Postby Assirian » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:58 am

[quote="Widow":1imlqhze] There are several instances where I'd target the leader of the group and only affect two people (out of 6) or sometimes even 1, maybe not even the intended target![/quote:1imlqhze]

This may happen if the group is already affected by ur song, but u start sing again, without waiting of effect fading out.
Another source of leackage ppls in score - is affecting on mobs (including pets), which is not noted anywhere.

About charisma infuence.. don't know - i can sing gods for maximum allowed with low charisma. As i know, charisma decreases chance of saves against song. It is silly to save against gods or smth like that, imo.
Assirian
40 Prime Poster

Postby Vixn » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:01 pm

1. Charisma helps for cry to make more damage. This is only 1 purpose I have noticed. Though it should help for other songs but you'd better test it yourself. As for me I prefer to have charisma on max level when I play my bard.
2. About targeting songs - last time I played 'brothers in arms' for poker I noticed it plays his name right after me in the list of affected people. But it was like half year ago. Then I learned 'brothers in valor' and found targeting is screwed for that song or just works different. Since I don't play my bard much I don't tested it yet.
3. About oghams psalm - does it really help to parry? I didn't see tanks parry more then once per round and as for me I didn't notice they fail it much w/o psalm.
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Postby alias » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:46 pm

Oghams helps them riposte more.
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *juggleblood* » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:36 pm

I'd like to see dance of the many work on smelly troll in autumnal on vk and pale mother and have success message.

Alias stands firm in the face of fear as the pale mother reveals her true form.

A big smelly troll tries to scare joebobnoob, but joebobnoob laughs in his face.

and sanct for the body and soul need success messages.
Something like:
"Alhoon starts to unleash an attack, but gets caught in the enchanting rythym."
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Widow » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:26 am

So, it's interesting because when I target the tank in a group, i get different lists - sometimes the tank (point) alone, sometimes the tank (point) and me. But then if i target others lower on the list below me, I'll only hit one or two. But if I go high on the list, I can hit 4-6.

Just wondering if ppls noticed what makes the diff when you're singing and who you're targeting.

Also, when I sing dreams, on replay, I will automatically target diff ppls. Does it matter if those ppl in the group are full or not? Will it automatically target those ppl who need the mana regen?

Thnx
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Postby Assirian » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:04 am

[quote="Widow":q7xjmjf2]Does it matter if those ppl in the group are full or not? Will it automatically target those ppl who need the mana regen?
[/quote:q7xjmjf2]

My expirience said it target everybody sleeping. Full or not.
Assirian
40 Prime Poster

Postby alias » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Part of the problem is described earlier in some aspect, if your singing "gods" and then you target it to a particular person, it will only affect those not already affected. If its a different song than what is being sung then I don't know. I only really have exp w/ fez and he hits 13 which is usually the entire group. (Oghams only seems to affect who I target it to.)

Alias
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Widow » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:49 pm

I appreciate the comments, this has been a big help. I'll watch to see who is sleeping and who is affected by dreams.

When I sing Brothers in Arms for the stabber, it usually hits who I target and a few others besides. As for Gods, I am usually the only person singing but will monkey around with it some more - looking for if pets are being used or what happens if I target ppls at bottom of list, etc.

I don't have much +charisma gear, just 1 clasp and glamour, so there's not much to experiment with there. If anyone else notices that Charisma makes an impact on who is affected by songs, please post your findings.

Thanks,
Widow
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:46 pm

From my understanding Charisma helps lower the saves a mob would make.
Like Wall of Sleep, Hymn of Artisan, Cry etc...
Leaf

Postby Vixn » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:07 am

I was sure Oghams affect only tank who is on point.
Gods seems cannot be targeted and just affect random ppl except those who are already affected with Gods.
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Bard