Skill suggestion for bard

Information about the bard class

Skill suggestion for bard

Postby Firon » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:57 am

Since the bard class seems to combine thief skills and spells/songs what about giving them a single stab either in the teens or 20s as a skill?

I don't think a single would be too overpowering but give me your responses/thoughts.
Firon

Postby Vixn » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:33 am

Bard has lots of mage spells, +dam song (and effect of this song lasts some time after singing). So it will be th/ma style classo with good ac (ba rolls Dex first). Maybe it won't be overpower b/c ppl who played th/ma know that it isn't so easy as it seems. But I guess immortals fear this mighty combination.
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Single stab for bards

Postby impz » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:56 am

i was just about to post something about that, so i personally feel that a single stab for bards on level 20 sounds good to me.

No idea about the others
what is life if full of care, if we have no time to stop and stare?
impz
40 Prime Poster

Postby Alberich » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:19 am

I fail to see how poking things with sharp objects falls under the realm of 'bardish abilities', or what possible use a singlestab could have anyways. Most people with bard in classo if they plan on soloing would have monk or thief anyways.
As to the ac thing - thieves roll dex first too of course, and the bards would have the same crap ac as a thief, due to having low str without wa sec. Not to mention that +dam eq has crap ac for the most part, so you would have a bard with a single stab with a low modifier, and almost no damage because bards tend to wear +charisma eq (or I suppose, a bard with reasonable damage and no charsisma gear, which kinda defeats the purpose of a bard in the first place).

I don't see how it would hurt or be overpowered, but it seems kinda silly.
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby 12345 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:16 pm

Traditionally, thieves are the only class that can backstab.

If they did get it, I don't think Gods of War would replace +dam equipment too much, simply because if you only have 1 stab, you'd want to make it count. Also, if you look at the statos, you're basically screwed for strength unless you're running a Wa/Ba or Ba/Wa, both of which are somewhat interesting, but would give you almost no mana for blasting, which you'd desperately need. If you have Bard in 3rd or 4th, there's no point in stabbing because you don't have the multiplier to back it up.

So I guess I don't know where you'd go with it if you got it.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Gnu » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:27 pm

single stab is not of much use for bards!

And I'd like to repeat again: let CHARISMA points affect CHARM spell or may be make a song which can make charming easier.
Gnu
40 Prime Poster

Postby Ditheca » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:48 am

The days of charming baron drezmir and having him ambush the demogorgon are long gone, never to return.

I've only found 6 mobs worth charminng/undead controlling and if I listed them they'd be nuked as well.

Charm/Control have joined the ranks of the dead spells
Ditheca
40 Prime Poster

Postby .kitn » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:08 am

[quote="Ditheca":18d4e1sa]The days of charming baron drezmir and having him ambush the demogorgon are long gone, never to return.

I've only found 6 mobs worth charminng/undead controlling and if I listed them they'd be nuked as well.

Charm/Control have joined the ranks of the dead spells[/quote:18d4e1sa]

Drezmir never been a good charmee, imo.
Urdas/Rlim were ways better, not mentioning antro and others.
.kitn

Return to Bard