Supplicants and Alignments

Information about the cleric class

Supplicants and Alignments

Postby *juggleblood* » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:52 am

Ok I can understand that you shouldn't be able to sacrifice a good creature to obtain a good supplicant. But there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to sacrifice an evil supplicant for an evil creature.

To balance things out, a change could be made whereby evil supplicants are predisposed to attack good mobs that are at least half their level. In other words, your pet imp simply cant resist attacking any little peasants or kittens that it runs across. Also, the sashes should attack evil supplicants on sight. Why would the sashes autoattack kobold mercs, but not see any problem with disgusting evil little supplicants running around town?

I think this would be a fun change and would not be too much of a discouragement for people to summon evil supplicants.

-Juggleblood
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Rynquald » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:14 am

Evil supps with evil corpses would be nice, not sure it would be worth the trouble of loosing your xeg or pit fiend or whatever every single time you ran past a small good mob though...

Not to mention some poor level 10 cleric that wanders into the sash guard room with a manes :)
Rynquald
Triple 40 Poster

Re: Supplicants and Alignments

Postby Tetsulunathaya » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:48 pm

[quote="juggleblood":25alfglc]Why would the sashes autoattack kobold mercs, but not see any problem with disgusting evil little supplicants running around town?
-Juggleblood[/quote:25alfglc]

Because the Kobold Mercs walk around about how they are going to take over Bal Harbor, and I've yet to see someones Manes spout out how Bal Harbor will soon be theirs.

Besides, if your going to go that far, why would they let Ju-Ju zombies in town, or the necromancers that summoned them, or evil charmed mobs, etc? Would be a bit to much work to go for 'realism'.
Tetsulunathaya
40 Prime Poster

Postby Krok » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:13 pm

No, thanks, I don't like my fiend attacking everything he sees when I'm trying to prepare a kill. :P
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Weasel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:10 pm

thanks what ya get for hiring a psychopath hehe
Weasel

Postby *juggleblood* » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:34 pm

They wouldn't attack everything in sight. Just low level town, park, garden type good aligned mobs. It would just require a little more foresight on the part of the player. It's not more than a mere nuisance really and it adds significantly to realism.

Who can possibly have a peaceful regen next to a pile of animated rotting flesh or a warty evil creature from another plane?
*juggleblood*

Postby Krok » Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:28 pm

Then it will be too much spam, cause fiend will splork lil mobs, and it will fly back to me every few seconds. Eeeek.
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Aleksey » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:58 am

All newbs will cry that nothing to kill whan some one will walk trough town with juju and couple undeads, next step imms will whine that those bloody "people" again abusing sloth.. nah
Aleksey
40 Prime Poster

necro pets

Postby Avatar » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:50 pm

If I'm a necromancer and I summon a Juju, the Juju should be doing what I say, not whatever he wants to do. He's undead, not a psychopath.

Same with supplication, if I'm calling an extraplanar creature (good or evil) he's hopefully bound by some magic...either my own summoning spells or the power of my god. = He kills what I tell him to kill. That's one reason I can have a peaceful regen sleeping next to a demon, he's controlled.

That's why I'd vote to let the necromancers into town. They're good for the economy and they control their pets.

Besides, if you restrict necromancers now, who will be banned tomorrow? Thieves? They're all evil aren't they? There's no moral excuse for stealing, eh? Mages? Firestorm was the leading cause of accidental newbie deaths in Bal Harbor for the last 3 years straight. Paladins? By god they'd be the first people I'd ban, always knocking on your door at 8 AM on a Sunday. ******s!

Charles
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *Splork* » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:39 pm

We have no intentions of doing anything such as Juggle has suggested, so no worries :twisted:
Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Postby Krok » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:20 pm

Phew, thanks :)
From Russia with love.
Krok
Triple 40 Poster

Re: necro pets

Postby Autolycos » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:30 am

[quote="Avatar":kvrq1rf7]If I'm a necromancer and I summon a Juju, the Juju should be doing what I say, not whatever he wants to do. He's undead, not a psychopath.
Charles[/quote:kvrq1rf7]

PSYCHOPATH!
WOW!! a psychopath with a psychopath follower!!
HELL YEA! i'm making a necro! :twisted:
Autolycos

Postby madmax » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:59 am

On the Necro followers,

Why does a Avatar 25 follower (demilich) cast 'curse' and not 'damnation'?

Seems odd to me.

Madmax
madmax
Double 40 Poster

Postby Aleksey » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:00 am

I love whan demilich tries weaken mob whole fight without any result raund after round untill its mana ends:)
Aleksey
40 Prime Poster

Return to Cleric