Damage Done Script

Other clients used. jmc/tinyfuge, ect.

Postby Yasik2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:40 am

[img:1cc23wzx]http://yasik.kiev.ua/4chan/Explanation_I_Demand.jpg[/img:1cc23wzx]
Yasik2

Postby Mace » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:53 am

I guess this change is for the best.
I mean, what kind of game (Final Fantasy) would be successful (World of Warcraft) where you could see your damage as a number? (Dungeons and Dragons)
Mace
40 Prime Poster

Postby Thraxas » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Lets think about the profile of the typical mud player:

a bit geeky, likes to write scripts, triggers actions, likes to unpick how the mud works and analyse the intricacies to death (just think out about some of the discussions on the exact formula for stat rolling we used to have), oh and mostly obsessive.

Admittedly not all of us fit all of this profile, but I'd bet most of us are close to it .... now why would someone fitting that profile gain any pleasure, satisfaction, morbid enjoyment, facination, be interested in seeing the exact damage for each hit reported on screen in real time?

Nice one to add to the tick list:

Player Satisfaction: Debuffed
Thraxas
Triple 40 Poster

Postby *juggleblood* » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:49 pm

I miss Splork.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby jezer » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:33 pm

[quote="Thraxas":1f0fo9yg]Lets think about the profile of the typical mud player:

a bit geeky, likes to write scripts, triggers actions, likes to unpick how the mud works and analyse the intricacies to death (just think out about some of the discussions on the exact formula for stat rolling we used to have), oh and mostly obsessive.

Admittedly not all of us fit all of this profile, but I'd bet most of us are close to it .... now why would someone fitting that profile gain any pleasure, satisfaction, morbid enjoyment, facination, be interested in seeing the exact damage for each hit reported on screen in real time?

Nice one to add to the tick list:

Player Satisfaction: Debuffed[/quote:1f0fo9yg]

Good post...

So we like numb3rs... that's just the way we are! :twisted:

I for one, can remember many, many times more the amounts on xp mobs, than I can any room description. Numbers rock! Logic and Order rules! And, and... and Bring back the coliseum! :evil:
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Previous

Return to Other Clients