Corpse Check or Counter / Rent script

Scripts for zMUD and CMUD

Corpse Check or Counter / Rent script

Postby Thraxas » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:51 am

As a necro I often wander round with a robe full of dead corpses [i:x4oke5pk](stopped myself for a sec there and tried to think of any other context in which that statement would make sense)[/i:x4oke5pk]
If you rent with corpses in inv or a robe you pay a high rent cost and corpses still poof.

Not going to ask for a change in sloth ... makes sense as far as the game goes.

I was however wondering whether anyone had a reliable corpse counter script or some similar script that I could use to prevent accidental renting with corpses on me.
Actually the scripting part is easy enough what I really want to know is what approach any others have taken to such scripting i.e. whats the logic you've used.

Any help would be welcome,

T
Thraxas
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:50 pm

On the subject of rent... I know in times past rents used to be far higher... but sometimes I didn't play the old game, simply because I knew my rent would be high, and it was better to wait till the month ended. I even had an eq mode called "rent" specifically designed to wear all my expensive eq...

Counter productive isn't it?

It's not bad at all as a newbie with equipment, although that scorched link mail of the sun costs a bit. I'm still in two minds whether to keep it or sell it.
"Don’t let me become the man that I say that I despise."
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby jezer » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Two other quick points.

* In most RPG's rent costs but only because it restores you to full health.
* It's annoying when people "sleep" at recall points and activate scripts to remain active, just to simply avoid paying rent because they have a spellbook or something.

In general I'm ok with rent, but there is a point being crossed where it's counter productive to the game.
"Don’t let me become the man that I say that I despise."
jezer

Postby *juggleblood* » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Corpse rent is calculated in code. To me, doesn't seem fair to poof the corpse and charge you some obscene rent. Talked someone into changing it. Just a matter of tracking down the code and changing it.

Policing sleeper bots would be a headache and cause a lot of crying. Gotta pick my battles, and that ain't one of em...

If you find an item with vastly unfair rent, you can pm me and I can take a look. Overall tho I think its not too bad at lower levels as you said. It's just when you start collecting a lot of elite eq.

Before a big complaint was that it was hard to find an imm to make you a vault. But now that's its automated, anyone can save up some coins and buy storage space.
Talk to the clown.
*juggleblood*

Return to zMUD/CMUD Scripts