Mudlet forums added, Clients added to navbar

General web site updates.

Mudlet forums added, Clients added to navbar

Postby *Splork* » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:07 pm

We have added a mudlet forum to our clients section.

We have also added a Client section in our navbar which mostly centers on the addition of MSDP or ATCP to our game.

Mudlet is the most actively developed client in today's MUD world and many of our players are moving towards it. Please help the transition by posting examples of your scripts.

Scripting is incredibly different for the majority of our players whom use Wintin.NET. An example of this is a grouptell alias:

pattern: ^gt (.*)$
code:
send("grouptell " .. matches[2])

So what you may feel is the simplest of scripts and does not need to be posted, can actually help quite a few of us!

Enjoy,
Splork
*Splork*
Site Admin

Re: Mudlet forums added, Clients added to navbar

Postby Madigan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:26 am

3 year old post... i know.

There is quite a bit of info in the mudlet forums, however not really any for true mudlet beginners.
Moving from zmud since mid 1990's and can't even get vyzor loaded...

would love some hand holding to get a basic interface up and running.

Blix
Madigan

Postby celerra7 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm in the same boat. CMUD support/upgrades ended and looking for new maintained client. Mudlet looks great, but I have yet to find a beginner starting place.
celerra7

Postby cyprimus » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:19 pm

same here, would like to be able to import my cmud scripts..
cyprimus
Double 40 Poster

Postby Madigan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:26 am

I know sochi, linx, and a few others (especially akayan) are guru's of mudlet... I've been asking around for someone to share a basic mudlet config to no avail, but I wonder if we could convince them to maybe host a 30 minute -1 hour websession (i have hosting capabilities if needed) on Mudlet 101 with the following agenda:

1) basic client install including required addons (vysor, etc) - very little documentation online for this, but what does exist is out of date and does NOT work as documented.

2) brief overview of basic scripting for aliases/triggers etc. (i have looked at the online videos of this and have a very basic understanding of it) Would be nice to get some useful feedback using examples specific to sloth that we use daily.

3) configuration of core features/scripts (ie targeter, xp tracker, paths, chat captures to window, group necesities etc)

I would volunteer to document the discussion and post it to the forums for future reference.

I have played around with just getting the basic config up and running using some of the link breeze posted a while back but his versions are outdated and I'd prefer not to have a UI with a ton of unused background graphics, but more of core/basic functions like i noted in step 3 on the agenda.

Would anyone be willing to assist your other Slothers in joining the 21st century and getting on boards with mudlet?

Blix
Madigan

Postby Madigan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:04 pm

moved this to the mudlet client section of the forums - please respond there.
Madigan

Return to Website Updates