how do i create my charicter

Questions and info for and by newbies.

how do i create my charicter

Postby holy_force » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:27 am

i have no clue what to do and were to go on this game. i have yet to make a person (because i dont know how). someone tell me. what do i need to click on to do something? i just signed up, my name is still on the newest member thing.
holy_force

Postby Leaf » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:47 am

Near the upper left hand corner there is a link that says "Connect!!!"
Click on it, and it will ask for your name. Just type in a "name" and it
should ask you if you would like to create this char. If it asks for a password
then cut the link and create another name (because that name is already in
use). Then enter a pw, and confirm the pw. Select the location, and then
the class order.
Yes, enter, 1 enter, enter, and BAM UR IN!!!!
Leaf

nothing happend????

Postby holy_force » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:18 am

i seen the connect thing but it dont click. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO. why didnt the game tell me that. and why have been trying to do this for 4 hours now, i have gotten nowere and personaly I am very confused. if you do not know how to help me please ask someone that knows how, to help me.

thank you to all that try to help.
holy_force

Postby Leaf » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:40 am

Sorry my bad, look at "Connect" there should be a little box.
Click on the little box until there is a - within it. Then you should see
"Play SlothMUD". Click on that link and follow what I wrote at the bottum.
Leaf

Postby Alberich » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:48 am

don't bother with the link. download a mud client and put slothmud.org:6101 in connect field (or hell, just use regular telnet)
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby 12345 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:07 pm

Here's one for the silly question bin...

What is a WebTV and can you connect to Sloth from one?

Sorry, but I haven't seen one of these yet. If you connect the same way you would from XP or Linux, that's cool. If it's diferent, how so?
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Random » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:25 pm

In response to the WebTV question:

WebTV is another form of connecting the the internet. There should be no reason why you could not connect to a MUD via WebTV. Last I knew of WebTV it was satellite based, but I would not be surprised if it is more like connecting an Xbox to the internet and playing on Xbox live over a cable or DSL modem.

Now for my question:

This seemed the most likely place to ask this. Thanks to the wonderful vets who I really didn't want to bother in game anymore, for helping me figure a good portion of this really great game out. As I was checking the sc list (see using slang already) I noticed that I am tainted with evil. What does this mean to my character and is there a way to get rid of it?

Thanks to any and all who can help!
Random

Postby kjartan » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:37 pm

It means that your alignment is a little bit on the evil side of neutral. This generally happens because you have been killing good mobs, although there are also some spells that make you more evil if you cast them.

This currently has limited impact on gameplay. The one thing is the cleric spell supplication: you can access one set of servant mobs if you are good and a different set if you are evil. You sound like you are neither very good nor very evil, so right now you wouldn't be able to use that spell at all, if you knew it. Also, some spells, mostly 'dispel evil', will backfire on you if you are evil and you cast them.

We, the admin, are mulling over making more alignment-dependent aspects of the game in the future. It's not, however, high on the to-do list.
kjartan
Creator

Postby Random » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:27 pm

Thanks for the answers! If you don't mind me picking your brain a bit more, is there a place that tells us what is a good mob and what is a bad mob?

This is easily one of the deepest and most detailed MUD's I've ever played! Great job! :)
Random

Postby kjartan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:30 pm

The spells 'detect good' and 'detect evil' do this. You can also often guess. Normal citizens in towns are usually good or neutral; non-aggressive animals are usually neutral, etc.
kjartan
Creator

Return to Newbie Questions