Help with tokens and stats

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Help with tokens and stats

Postby analog » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:36 pm

Hey all, cant seem to find information about this stuff anywhere on the website. Was hoping to get a painless explanation.

What exactly do the tokens do? I know they somehow let you change your stats. How are they obtained? Is re-rolling permanent and necessary?

Any help would be appreciated
analog

Postby Si » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:54 pm

The truth about tokens.. I'll give it a shot.

A token (hex, tri, oct) will reroll all of your stats (str, int, wis, dex con).

Using a token is not reversible. (With the exception - I think - of a quest-drachma based reversal token. I have never used these, so my knowledge may be faulty here.)

Tokens, in general, pop randomly. With that being said, there are certain mobs that pop tokens more often than others. There are (or were) mob token lists on the website. (An easy one that comes to mind is the elderly men on valk.)

"Is rerolling necessary?"
Ok, this is a tough one. (See my poll about 'playable stats.') I would say yes, but how much rerolling? I have used many (> 100) tokens on Si alone. So choose how picky you are about stats... or you will spend your mud-life rolling.

Hope this helps.

Si
Si

Postby dt » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:51 pm

More info on stats and tokens....

Depending on who you ask, one would tell you that it is probably best to roll
what your 'final' natural stats before you level past 20. The reason being, you still have access to Newbatia where tokens seem to be more accessible. Personally, I think that is main reason people pay so much for hexes.. they get aggrevated of waiting for good stats and level up to explore new areas and then it winds up biting you in the ass later on.

Now on to stats rolling... the good stuff...
There is help on stat ordering somewhere on site if you look for it but basically it breaks down like this...your main class will determine your prime stats... you for instand are w/t/b/n. You 2 main stats are going to be strength and dex. Again, depending on who you ask, you don't [b:1yop6o8k]HAVE[/b:1yop6o8k]to roll a 18
twice for str and dex... but it would certainly help..You should at minumum settle for 18 as a prime stat and a very high number for your secondary stat.
In your case a 18(30) * * 16 * might be playable as long as your other 3 stats weren't too low..If you took your total stat score and added them together and got 78-80, you might consider looking over the eqlist to see
how outfitting your char might work out... Any total score of your stats that are over 80 are most definitely playable and more likely perm stats.
You add all 5 numbers to get your score total.. this will help give you something to go on.

Last but not least... Good Luck... the roll is addicting and aggravating... but there is nothing like reaching your goal!
dt

Postby achazia » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:32 am

Hi!

Cant I enter newbatia when I reach lvl 20????

/Achazia
achazia

Postby Alberich » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:02 am

lvl 21 actually - as long as you are level 20 or below you can get to valk
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Vixn » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:22 am

You can reach Newbatia while you are at level20 and can't reach at any level 21.
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Newbie Questions