eq list legend

Questions and info for and by newbies.

eq list legend

Postby kitebone » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:22 am

I've searched this web site top to bottom, but can't find a legend explaining the restrictions in the eq list. No idea what they mean. Any help
kitebone

Postby Alberich » Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:35 am

on eqlist, there is a dropdown menu on left-hand side, you want the thing that says abbreviation definitions.
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Qa » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:25 pm

I'll copy it here for your convenience. :-)

1-6
Newbie (or N)

7-13
Apprentice
Ap

14-20
Adept
Ad

21-30
Experienced
E

31-39
Master
M

Supreme
S

If a "P" appears before the restriction it means
that the item in question is usable only by people
have the indicated class as their primary.
Qa
40 Prime Poster

Postby Terin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:09 pm

Also, some eq may have a "*" in the restrictions. From what people have told me in the game, this means the restrictions have not been confirmed and may not be accurate.

Dont know if this is right, but I assume those who told me knew what they were talking about ^^
Terin

Postby 12345 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:10 pm

Actually, if I remember correctly, Blackmore has posted that the * means the restrictions HAVE been confirmed since the addition of the new classes.

Postby Akasha2 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:22 pm

Im not sure myself what the * means, but if you look down at the bottom of the filter on the left, click on the scroll arrow in the box, you will see a selection called Abreviation Definitions. There's your legend.

Akasha
Akasha2
Greater God

Postby blackmore » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:50 pm

I thought I'd replied to this thread once, but it must have been lost.

Please note that the restrictions are based on mortal estimates, and have never been officially confirmed. They are extremely close, but the cutoff between newbie and appie, and between appie and adept are more rough estimates. This is mostly because I could never find any equipment with the right level restrictions to know for certain. The cutoffs for adept-exp, exp-master and master-supreme are definite.

The * in the eqlist means that when a mass restriction update was done, those restricts had been verified as accurate. The restricts might have been changed since then, nobody asks my permission before they change restricts on an item, but at one time, they were verified and they did not include any new class restricts.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Newbie Questions