Druid question on Prime...

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Druid question on Prime...

Postby Nagash » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:55 am

What does a driud get as a Prime? Also I know they get mana bonus from
a Druid/Nec/Ma/Cl. So when they shapeshift they keep their large mana. HP doesn't matter, because u take the life of the creature. But what about other skills. I know Monks have Dam Reduce. So would a Druid in a Dragon get dam reduce because he as Monk in his other. Or does it only help if the druid is in human mode. Anyone know this answer?
Nagash

Postby Leizu » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:52 am

There are no adventages of being druid prime when you shapeshift. Amount of hp/ma/mvs depends of your human form, not the class order. So if a druid 4th in a form of human has more hp and mana than a prime druid then after shapeshift druid 4th gets more hp and mana. (everything else except hp/ma/mvs is the same for everyone)

The best thing about druid prime is a mana regen bonus. (only outside and only not shapeshifted) It gives you about +30mr for being a druid prime and about 15 for secondary. 3rd and 4th don't have any bonuses.

The mud is changing all the time, so not sure I'm 100% correct :)
Leizu

Postby Altair » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:03 am

Aren't there also some forms that are available to primes only? It's at very high levels or something (kind of far from me... *looks up*)
Altair

Postby Leizu » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:25 am

nope, every form is available for everyone.
Leizu

Postby Zeizel » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:30 pm

I've noticed my mana regen rates fluctuate from 20 mana / tick to one time when I got 70 mana / tick. Does this have to do with the Druid Prime bonus (I almost always regen outside)?
Zeizel

Postby Altair » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:16 am

Could be... what between standing vs sleeping, indoors vs outdoors, hungry vs full, you certainly have a huge variation.
Altair

Postby Zeizel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:07 am

Well, I only ever counted mana twice to be honest. Both times were outdoors, and both times were sleeping. The difference that I can think of is that one was in a safe room (Sork), while the other was in a regular room enchanted w/a masterful Canopied Arbor. Has anyone else seen a masterful arbor skyrocket regen rates? (That's where I counted 70 ma/tick)

Thanks!
Zeizel

Postby Leaf » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:18 am

The spell arbor is consider "outside". I don't think it will give u an extra mr
when using one. All depends if ur outside/inside, and also if a bard is singing
dreams for ppl. I get around 120mr outside and a prime bard singing...
Leaf

Postby Zeizel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:43 am

I know arbor is outside, because I've tried inside (to see what happened) and it can't be cast inside.

Both situations were almost identical. I was regenning after a solo run, sleeping outside and by myself both times.

Unless there is a sneaky little Bard fairy who randomly shows up and sings for people (and I didn't dream), then there was no bard involved.

I am just making an observation, and since I've heard that we aren't exactly sure what all of the spells do when masterfully cast, I thought I'd ask if anyone else could confirm masterful arbor increasing regen rates. I don't believe it increased the duration, which leaves little else to be improved upon. Maybe the description for the trees was a little nicer? :wink:
Zeizel

Postby Leaf » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:25 am

If that is true... I may have to do some testing here and there :)
However I don't think the "cost" for the spell is worth it even if it does give
+mr hehe.
Leaf

Postby Zeizel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:10 am

It's really not that expensive. Magic Rope has a min of 25 mana, iirc. Canopied Arbor has a min of 35. And the 'Rope Room' is considered inside, so as a Druid Prime I lose my regen bonus if I use Magic Rope (which hurts).

The one major difference is that MOBs you've already fought with (but haven't defeated) can't chase you into a Rope Room, while they _can_ attack you in an arbor'd room. That's something I'd like to see changed, considering Nature is supposed to be protecting it's 'child' when a Druid casts Arbor.
Zeizel

Postby Zeizel » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:52 am

By the way, I just wanted to note that the MR fluctuations I mentioned earlier turned out to be caused by me being hungry. It's a steady 74 mana/tick if sleeping outside when full, so the masterful arbor didn't seem to boost anything afterall.
Zeizel

Return to Newbie Questions