Supplication creatures

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Supplication creatures

Postby Kelgar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 am

Hello everyone!

Today I have finally summoned my first level 40 supplication creature - a Xeg-Yi. Some questions arise.

Last time I used supplication, it was for healing with a peri. Does lvl 40 good creature also work in the same way?

Another, more general question, is the following. Xeg-Yi, as I understand, is simply there to fight with me. But how do I use it effectively? If i order it to attack and then I assist, it somehow disengages from battle after several rounds. If it assists me everything goes fine, though I'm not sure, maybe it also disengages.

How do you typically use these creatures? )))

Thanks ahead for your answers!
Kelgar

Re: Supplication creatures

Postby element » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:10 pm

pets are not meant to tank for you, so if u order it to attack before you do, they'll disengage.

if i'm not wrong, xeg-yi's heal your undead pets i think.
element

Postby Thraxas » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Different pets have different abilities, some of the common ones are;

manes has a curse like proc attack once engaged with a mob
peri will auto heal you
eudaemon will auto heal you better
xag has a proc vs undeads
xeg will auto heal any undead creatures you have
(note if 2 member of the same group have a xag and a xeg they will fight each other and explode in both players faces ... funny to see and full marks to the coder for that one)
kachina will burp up random items and give to you, will also increase the coins mobs pop if following a group of 4 or more.

Juju has a lot of different proc attacks and self buffing spells
Liches curse (and now blast ... not tested personally yet)

Theres others I forget but I'm sure someone will post.

Many pets have general proc attacks, most pets both supps and necro are just there as a way of dealing additional damage to a mob ... in order to solo sucessful a char must have a way of doing damage, the more damage they can do the less ac they need to stay alive ... one end of the scale warriors / monks have more ac / damage reduction facility but less damage creation, the other end thieves do huge damage but will typically run with far less ac. in the middle you have necros closer to the warrior end and mages closer to the thief end. Pets whether necro or supp just help the damage creation part of your char.

Can pets tank for you? Well yes and no, no they wont rescue you, and wont take point to your back row, but they will absorb damage; if a mob has 4 attacks and you and a xag are fighting the mob then 2 attacks may hit you and 2 hit the xag, you should therefore take less damage.

How to best use the fighting type pets, well theres a number of different ways:
1. order pets kill, then you optionally try to debuff the mob before getting dragged in then either heal self or blast / kick the mob.
2. you debuff the mob (curse) then order your pets to assist you then either heal self or blast / kick the mob.
Both can work with different mobs, and part of your decision will be based on the lag you get from the order, your ac and what pets you have.
If your pets engage the mob before you they are more likely to absorb hits from the mob than if they are assisting you.
As a necro prime (so low lag on necro pets) with 4 wraiths and a juju fighting a splork type mob (few hp but huge damage) I would typically order pets kill then blast, against a chop mob (huge hp low damage) I would get all the debuffs in I can on the mob before ordering them to assist me then sing lions to them to increase their damage.
For chop mobs where the lag is less important I will often get a mixture of necro and supp pets, pound for pound supp pets are better than necro pets both in resiliance and damage, but you can only have one supp pet.

Remember you can also buff your pets, stone skin, bless / unholy aura, sanctuary / aegis can make them a lot more powerful and useful.

Ordering pets you can use order follower, order followers, order undead or order <name>, for familiars I think its tell familiar <>.

Hope this helps,

T
Thraxas
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Thraxas » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:08 pm

element wrote:if u order it to attack before you do, they'll disengage.

Might be true for low level pets, I forget, but isnt the case with xag / xeg / djinn / ifrit / any of the necro pets I currently use.

Pets do however have a 'save' against your order i.e. a % chance that they wont hear you or will just ignor your order. perhaps this is what you were thinking of? (Note this chance of ignoring you increases if you are dark cloaked and they are ordered to assist you ... if cloaked order kill works far better)

T
Thraxas
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Filk » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Would be nice, if other people, who knows what other supplicated creatures doing, will post that info here. Would be very very nice :)
Fluffy
Filk
Double 40 Poster

Postby Thraxas » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Filk wrote:Would be nice, if other people, who knows what other supplicated creatures doing, will post that info here. Would be very very nice :)

Nightmare - you can order nightmare trouble mob to prevent the mob from regenning
Cacodaemon - havent played with this for a while but seem to remember it has a proc to disease you but is a good fighter
Thraxas
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Teron » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:53 pm

There are monographs of supplication sold somewhere. There are two parts, sold at BH and Thal scribes respectively, and another part is missing, if I remember right.

To add some bits from my experience:
drangr is a good fighter.
djinn is a good fighter as well, and has a proc to reduce boating speed to 1 tick (order djinn blow). Also, he can put mobs in a cyclone, preventing them from fleeing or moving (not sure how it relates to fight, though).
ifrit is simply a better fighter, than djinn, from what I've seen (has a fire blast proc)
I think it's chan chu that increases mobs gold by 100% if it's less, than 100k (it takes time for it to proc, though). I wasn't aware kachina works similarly.
Teron

Postby Kelgar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Wow, thank you all for the answers! It is so exciting to know all about that new things! :P

Xeg-Yi deed disengage from my fight last time I tried it, I will try again, because I'd prefer it to fight and assist him just because of a big order lag.

Hell Hound has some good fire hit proc, but seems to fight worse than Xeg. Will see about Imp.

The scenarios of using pets are an insight. Well, I hope I can use also an undead, but the lag will eat me. And I cant flee and then enter - all the commands must be invoked again. These leads me to idea, that I'm not going to use necro pets in a while for soloing.

Oh, and as I guess to summon Xeg you need a quite good proper sacrifice (high level corpse?). Is there a certain list of mobs on conts who should be hit for that peri? Because at present I have to solo a mob I'm cycling (Priestess Berronar) to summon Xeg to hit her next time )))
Kelgar

Postby Thraxas » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:15 pm

I'm ot sure that assisting your pets is a good idea, either order them to assist you or order them to kill mob them attack the mob yourself.

There are plenty of good corpse mobs around that are suitable for xag / xeg, it's only when you get to bigger animate dead necro pets that you're likely to run into problems.

T
Thraxas
Triple 40 Poster

Postby mahkra » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:43 pm

gremlin although low level throws poo to blind (I think) and autoassists which is nice.
mahkra
40 Prime Poster

Postby Kelgar » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Selkie the imp whips his spiked tail, striking a female troglodyte!

It looks like a poisoning proc.
Kelgar

Return to Newbie Questions