Enchanted weapon and telepathy

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Enchanted weapon and telepathy

Postby Towen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Hello all,

Couple questions:

1. Enchanted weapon: I cast this on a small saber and it seemed to work. What does it do? I assume +1 to hit and damage? If I cast detect magic (haven't tried it yet) on the sword will I sense a magical aura?

2. Telepathy: I have cast this a few times but I don't hear any thoughts. Would "look mob" detect their thoughts. (again haven't tried it yet. I'm at work now and can't play...)
Towen

Re: Enchanted weapon and telepathy

Postby Atwell » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi Towen,

1. Yes; enchant weapon gives +1hit,+1dam to a weapon and gives it the MAGIC flag. At higher levels, it will give +2hit,+2dam. Enchant weapon only works on weapons that have no affects at present (only damage dice). If you query about the weapon in a shop and see AFFECTS anywhere, you wouldn't be able to enchant it. Detect magic is a spell that affects you generally; you don't cast it on a specific item. If you cast detect magic, you should see that your enchanted sword "glows violet" (this is the MAGIC flag that it gained).

2. I don't think looking at a mob would improve telepathy. Relatively few mobs ever have thoughts visible to telepathy, but when they do, you just need to stand at the mob for a brief time to hear them.
Atwell
40 Prime Poster

Postby jezer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Atwell wrote:Relatively few mobs ever have thoughts visible to telepathy

Sounds like a good feature to be worked into the existing quest mobs more often. Maybe some could include better hints if the telepathy check was successful.

I definitely need more hints for the talking wind in castle black :)
"Don’t let me become the man that I say that I despise."
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Towen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:24 pm

I just checked and the small saber did not glow violet. Meaning the enchant didn't take.

Thanks for the tips though!

-Towen
Towen

Return to Newbie Questions