Class advice

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Class advice

Postby Towen » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Hello, me again!

My class/level so far is Mage 8/Ftr 4/Cleric 4. I was thinking of selecting either thief or druid for my last class. Which is more useful backstab/search or better hp regen/shapechange?

Thanks all for your help so far! I am enjoying the game quite a bit.

Towen
Towen

Re: Class advice

Postby blackmore » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:48 am

Backstabbing is only useful with good damage, and as a mage prime, you probably won't have great damage. Your best defense when you get higher level is going to be mirror images, and you can't stab with images up. I'd either go with druid or necro. Druid will help your regen, and you'll want that with wa 2nd, though necro is interesting too. You'll be able to use your images to absorb hits while you order your pets to attack.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Towen » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Thanks,

I was leaning towards druid and that's the way I'll go.

-Towen
Towen

Postby Teron » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:09 am

Druid quad will only get you 4-6 mana regen outside (tested this myself), isn't a huge bonus for a class spot.

I'd go with ne for pets, which help you last in fights and do extra damage. As a ma/wa, you'll have great hps and ac, so you'll be able to use pets more efficiently, than other mages.
Teron

Postby Teron » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:32 am

I've just noticed that you've already went with Druid. I hope you do enjoy the limited forms (help shapeshift forms, you won't be able to go past 5x40, dragon/minotaur) and dawnfire ;)

To think of it, this is one of my classo mistakes as well. At least 5mar makes more difference for a warrior with his measly mana regen, than a mage. Then again, as a ma/wa, you won't get stellar mana regen as well ;)

Live and learn, eh.

I suggest you not be discouraged by any classo choices you make now, as you can always create another char and use this one to boost him (by transferringing eq/gold between them with the help of other ppl, not by playing at the same time).
Teron

Return to Newbie Questions