Temples?

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Temples?

Postby Towen » Fri May 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Hello,

New mudder here. I've been roaming around Newbatia but I haven't come across any Temples yet. Can someone tell me where they are?

Thanks!

Towen
Towen

Re: Temples?

Postby blackmore » Fri May 28, 2010 3:54 pm

There are 3 temples on Valk. Blaster's temple is just north of town, Splork's temple is in the newbie school, and there's 1 more temple (I forget whose) over near the circus.

There are at least 2 temples on every continent, and more than that on most. The easiest way to find them would be to go to the maps on the web site and look for temple areas for that continent. They are typically in places that are easy and safe to reach, though a few are a lot harder or risky than others (see: Akasha).
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Towen » Fri May 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! I looked but couldn't find a very good map. Perhaps with the site change it's down. I will try buying up the maps from the cartographer in Newbatia to see if that helps.

What is the difference between Blaster and Splork? I looked in the help files but couldn't find anything. I'm trying to be 'good' if that makes a difference.

I'm also a prime mage / secondary warrior. Which one would give me a better holy weapon?

Thanks again!!

Towen
Towen

Postby *Breeze* » Fri May 28, 2010 9:44 pm

look at newbie school map for splorks

not sure about blasters
*Breeze*

Postby Teron » Mon May 31, 2010 10:46 am

There's no huge difference between the temples, but since you need to be in the top 100 for sac points to pray for anything (look tablet at a temple to see where you are in the list and how much sac points you need), it's probably best to stick to less known gods, such as Juggleblood on valk (his temple is on the path to the circus).

You can, of course, start with Splork or Blaster and see how it goes.

This is the only difference between these gods.

Some other gods, which made it dangerous to go to their temples, reward their followers from time to time with a 40 tick sanc or a restore. But you shouldn't worry about this for now.
Teron

Return to Newbie Questions