call of the sidhe

Questions and info for and by newbies.

call of the sidhe

Postby damu » Tue May 13, 2008 4:33 pm

a few questions

1. is it safe to assume that the sidhe that will appear is from the lowest level required?

e.g. to create gate charm
since lowest level to gate is 18 mage, cluricaun will appear.

2. bards can only make charms that they can originally cast. if my char does not have necro in classo i can't make wall of flesh charm.

3. how much offereings needed for each various sidhes?
damu

Re: call of the sidhe

Postby blackmore » Tue May 13, 2008 5:43 pm

[quote="damu":30m4yuhv]
1. is it safe to assume that the sidhe that will appear is from the lowest level required?
[/quote:30m4yuhv]
That's correct. The sidhe that appears is the one that's appropriate for the level of the spell.

2. bards can only make charms that they can originally cast. if my char does not have necro in classo i can't make wall of flesh charm.
[/quote:30m4yuhv]
true

3. how much offereings needed for each various sidhes?[/quote:30m4yuhv]
Think simple. Food is any food, potion or scroll can be a recall scroll or a simple potion. The treasure I usually use is found on lyme, but someone else might be able to suggest some more accessible treasure that's easy to get. The object needed is listed in the help somewhere with each sidhe.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Widow » Thu May 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Does the crystal used depend on the spell? I know there are several different crystals, but does it make a difference which one is used for the charm?

What mobs regularly load crystals? Can we get a running post for these like we have for token mobs?

Are there restrictions on who can use a charm after it has been made? Can I create aegis, stoneskin, wraithform charms for Valkers? what about healing spells, can these be charmed too?
Necros are the life of the Undead party.
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Postby Alberich » Thu May 15, 2008 4:18 pm

[quote="Widow":3knhy1bv]Does the crystal used depend on the spell? I know there are several different crystals, but does it make a difference which one is used for the charm?

What mobs regularly load crystals? Can we get a running post for these like we have for token mobs?

Are there restrictions on who can use a charm after it has been made? Can I create aegis, stoneskin, wraithform charms for Valkers? what about healing spells, can these be charmed too?[/quote:3knhy1bv]

1 - yes, the crystal required is in the helpfile - those are generally considered good places to look

2 - where's the fun in that?

3 - no/yes (pretty sure that's covered in the call of sidhe helpfiles as well..)
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Yinao » Thu May 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Unfortunately they disabled the use of charms on Valk but however anyone can use the charms, not everyone can make them. There are different ways to find out which areas load which shards. If you run with detect magic up you already know how to locate them, other is just mud knowledge. When running with detect magic up when you enter an area that is particularly good at popping shards you'll see a message along the lines of Channelling stratum is very strong here or something of the sorts, means metallic shards pop decently there, however most of the shards are random, some mobs just pop them better than others exp and find out which do which :)
Yinao
Triple 40 Poster

Postby slobe » Thu May 15, 2008 6:35 pm

The shard you need depends on the kind of magic the spell your making is ie:
Healing spells need milky shard,
Enhancement spells need opalescent shard ect.
Opalescent pop in hellwell,
Milky pop in pirates, viened pop in centuars
Metallic pop in orc mines, jet black pop in tarot, is all I know.
I always thought you could use sidhe charms on vk but they have to be level 20 spells or smaller but havent had a valk'er for awhile so shrug.

The only sidhe question I have is does
+cha eq help make the sidhe charm last longer as in instead of 1n3 chance of breaking every use does it make it a 1in5 or 1in6 chance if made while in full cha gear?
slobe
40 Prime Poster

Postby Widow » Thu May 15, 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks guys. I'd seen the message for 'you sense the healing stratum is very strong in this place' but I thought that was a sign for the peri. I recall the captain in pirates popping the shard on a frequent basis, but he can be a tough cat for lower level folks, fyi.

Thanks for the crystal breakdowns Slobe, I'll keep an eye out for those areas and specifically those shards. I've seen valkers runnin' with low level charms, which is why I asked about some of the more powerful spells, or even heal charms.

Is it always a 1 in 3 chance of breaking? I've heard some people having long term success. guess it's all in the dice roll. If anyone has any advice about +charisma affects on charms, please post!
Necros are the life of the Undead party.
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Return to Newbie Questions