questions

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Postby Mosaix » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:10 am

Belisarius,

I used to play this game all the time, and really enjoy it. One or two jerks kept doing/saying things like what they said to you, and over time it finally ruined it for me, and I dont play anymore.

Lis meant what he said, because hes decided he is smarter than you, and needs to take that out on a new player who is learning.
Lis should know better, and im suprised at him for the comment.

Some players have played for so long, they cant process a new person is playing the game. Basically your stupid/weak for not having the master knowledge of a 5-10 year sloth player, is the thinking of some people.
Too many newbies get chased off this game.

Akasha is a cool guy, get to know him. Does significant good for this mud.

This mud used to have a nice playerbase, but when Ive checked the whos online lately, it is indeed low compared to what it used to be. Sloth 3 might pull 100 players for a major announced quest, but thats about it. In a given busy weekend it couldnt be more than 40-50.

I'm tired of sloth's social antics, and like I said dont play, and most likely wont again till i see the player base/player attitudes change. So take my comments with a grain of salt.

We need about 20 more players like yourself, who want to log in, learn, simply play, and enjoy a game.

Good luck out there, and have fun.

Mosaix/Osaka
Mosaix
Triple 40 Poster

Postby jezer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:00 am

Chin up Belisarius!

I am still trying to learning this game myself... it's huge... but here is some tips from a newish player to a new player...

* Befriend dragonsworn clan members... percentage wise there clan is by far the most helpful to new players around.
* Join a channel and ask your questions... dragonsworn/hosers/degenerates and sometimes russian.
* Spend 30mins reading the website each day... so much information is actually here... it can be difficult to find.
* If you DESPERATELY need help... join a channel and then die. What people won't help you with when your alive, generally will help you with when your dead...
* Gossip about wanting to do two-man xp runs... often the biggest source of game info comes, I find in group talk during regen times.
* Help others... what goes around comes around.
* Humility (generally) turns away wroth... be humble and just be yourself.
* tell blaster godrain

The truth is, the annoying players are actually a fairly small... but just loud percentage! The game definately needs more players like you!
jezer
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Lis » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:53 am

haha evil rude Lis scared poor n00by
I explained you everything in tells beli dunno if you got it.
OK now again.

About brains - that was ADVICE to n00b and target for those who are answering w/o any knowledge of that particular riddle. This mud is not just hack and slash - it is thinking, reading descriptions, looking for hints exploring etc. Many 'helpfull' players just use solution written by other players when doing quests and not ever bother to think and thats sad. Still all of us need help with quest or riddle sometimes and this is when we realy tryed everything.

Mosa - try to to talk with me first and understand what i ment and what i need to take out. And then you will not be suprised that i call you dumb :twisted:
Lis

Postby Yinao » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:06 am

[quote:32lj5r8v]* Befriend ~dragonsworn~ clan members.[/quote:32lj5r8v]

Bah Humbug

[quote:32lj5r8v]Don't ask Autolycos for help, he is a mean, bitter old man.[/quote:32lj5r8v]

Not quite true, Don't ask Auto for help... VERY TRUE, he is mean, VERY TRUE, bitter VERY TRUE AGAIN, old, well not so much but the rest is true enough. Just kill him once and you should be fine :twisted:

OH and listen to Leaf he is a bloody genius, not a newb by any stretch of the imagination :wink:

And again don't take anything ingame personal, Like Autolycos for instance he isn't pick on just newbs, he hates everyone the same
:!: :twisted:

Enjoy your time on sloth, mine is becomming more and more limited but its still fun
Yinao
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:03 am

[quote="Yinao":tgsy71sn]
OH and listen to Leaf he is a bloody genius, not a newb by any stretch of the imagination :wink:
[/quote:tgsy71sn]

I detect a bit of sarcasm! :evil:
Leaf

Postby Autolycos » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:42 pm

[quote="Yinao":u7d9gc4o]Not quite true, Don't ask Auto for help... VERY TRUE, he is mean, VERY TRUE, bitter VERY TRUE AGAIN, old, well not so much but the rest is true enough.
And again don't take anything ingame personal, Like Autolycos for instance he isn't pick on just newbs, he hates everyone the same
:!: :twisted: [/quote:u7d9gc4o]

^5 :wink:
Autolycos
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby brady » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:33 am

Yinao know Engrish good.
brady
Triple 40 Poster

Postby alias » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Oh Crap Auto, Were old; well now that thats out of the way, feel free to ask me anything in game. I've been here a couple of years, but I don't know anything either so we can learn together.

Alias/Pooka
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Mace » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:17 am

>> look crack
>> The nest appears to have been long since abandoned. Behind the jumble
>> of old twigs you see a stone handle carved from the cliff face.

>> so ive tried push,pull,grab and use handle what command am i missing for this?

> look handle
The handle is made of the same granite as the cliff. It looks like it is designed to be turned.

Turn handle. :) Pick shouldn't work there.. but oh well!

Note that after you turn handle the exit doesn't show up in the room for some buggy reason, but you can go east anyway.
Mace
40 Prime Poster

Postby Mace » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:19 am

Hm, I thought I canceled that unneeded post. Oh well.
Nothing that can't be fixed with two useless messages instead of just one.
Mace
40 Prime Poster

Postby Leaf » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:27 pm

It at least brought ur post count up 2 more :)

Also do u live near Kenny/Dot?
Leaf

Postby Leaf » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:13 pm

[quote="*Akasha*":2pitgif6]when the shit hits the fan, that same a$$hole
Akasha[/quote:2pitgif6]

I like the fact he spells "shit" but not asshole :)
Leaf

Previous

Return to Newbie Questions