Hey you, Noob!! (spellcasters)

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Hey you, Noob!! (spellcasters)

Postby Widow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:37 pm

I've been playing this mud for 3 weeks now and am L20 N/D/C/B. I thought I'd make sure that anyone else just joining on doesn't miss out on this fantastic mana saving feature for spellcasters with mage oriented spells.

When in the mud, type help memorize. Then get your butt to BH and pick up some ioun stones as soon as you can.

Any class with a mage-blast spell can memorize up to 3 spells ahead of time for you to 'bank' your mana. Very useful stuff. And the stones are reusable! So anytime your gleader says 'regen', pop those stones out and start memorizing for the next run!

Now, I've tried memorizing 'curse', which is also a mage spell, but it doesn't seem to take. I'd like to know if there are any non-blasting type spells that can be memorized, the higher the mana cost the better!

GLuck to you noobs out there!
Widow
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Postby Malison » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:02 pm

It seems likely to me that iouns allow you to memorize bard spells as well as mage ones. Verin (C/D/O/B) mem's gate and phase door. If i remember correctly, she wasn't able to mem gate as a cleric spell, but upon reaching 26 bard she could.
Malison
40 Prime Poster

Postby Widow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:02 pm

That's gotta be it. I tried to mem curse, which mages get but my bard side doesn't. So Mages and Bards get memorize. Good to know!
Widow
Double 40 Poster

Postby Alberich » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:14 pm

actually it's just mage spells. bards happen to get some, and can mem those, but not bard songs or anything.
a good idea especially when small is to mem a couple gates - good for token hunting on fargate days.
btw you can mem 6 spells, just 3 from each levels (so you can't mem 6 firewinds, but you can mem 3 firewinds and 3 frostbolts - or 3 fireballs and 3 ice rays, depending on levels)
Don't be stupid - we have politicians for that

Alberich

Postby Mog » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:16 am

A high cost spell that I like to mem is the Haste spell. At 60 mana a few of these can save much time later :)
Mog

Return to Newbie Questions