Generic Questions

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Generic Questions

Postby iz » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:51 pm

I'm currently playing a 20.12.5.1 wa/mo/cl/ma with -4.2ac, and I was curious if anyone can give me some tips on areas I should be able to solo. I'm pretty much only doing Blaster's Temple and Newbatia now, and that is getting kinda boring. :P

Granted, I'm extremely new to Sloth, but most people seem to be running circles around me even at these low levels, so looks like I'm missing something. I've checked out the zone lists and checked out a few of the zones that are supposed to be for lowbies, but they seem to be pretty lacking in xp.
iz

Postby alias » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:31 pm

ok dont take this the wrong way, but your ac is not the greatest. You have my exact class order and while its served me well I will never be the super tank as some others. If your on vk get your stats and do the drachma quests and level up as soon as possible. personally I was more monkish than warrior until i got riposte. On Vk I did real well at -8 but on vk the xp kinda sucks and not much chance for a raise if u die. Find me in game and ill be happy to chat more. although Im not real knowledable Im willing to help.
alias
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:02 am

The biggest thing holding you back is AC. If you can, roll until you have at least 16 dex with that classo. If you run kobolds and goblin miners, you should be able to pop some tri tokens to roll with. Get some quickling bracers or other +dex gear to get to 18 dex. You should be able to find quite a bit of good AC eq for your level in the shops on Valk and BH. If you've been running Blaster's temple, you should have a few extra coins to help you with that.

Greenish rings, mystic plate mail, green crested shields, lesser helm, silver leg plates, chainmail sleeves and such are some decent eq and will help your AC quite a bit. You should be able to get -6 with armor spell pretty easy. Once you have curse and web spells, you should be able to carve up the masters in Star City pretty easy. You'll need fly spell, detect invis, and recall scrolls. You can also buy moldy scrolls in town to web with if you don't have web spell.

Once you get stone skin and -7, you'll be a lot more tankish and can start chopping down mobs like Ersa and Roach in small groups with a cleric and and a blinder.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Return to Newbie Questions