classo stuff

Questions and info for and by newbies.

classo stuff

Postby iz » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:10 pm

I'm new to slothmud, and I have a couple of questions about my classo. I've tried a few classo combinations, and have decided to go with a Mo/Ma/Cl/Ne. I was wondering if this is a good combo, and if there's any pros/cons to being monk primary.

Also curious how it would do in pvp situations, if slothmud has those, and vs these 'splork' and 'chop' mobs I've heard so much about.

Any input would be appreciated.

Iz
iz

Postby blackmore » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:25 am

I don't think it's a bad classo. I'm not sure how powerful monk prime is compared to monk in other slots, but any prime is fine if that's what you decide you want to play. The prime skill that I can think of is being able to grip ether mobs, which plays in well with mage.

As for your other classes, clerics and necros have spells that are affected based on where they are in your classo, whereas mage doesn't. You can get more spell bonus eq with mage second, but there's no other advantage to being mage second compared to mage fourth. Cleric has supplicants, and necros have summon undead, both of which are stronger the higher the class is in your classo. If you don't care and just want to blast are hard as you can as quick as you can, then go for it.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 13 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:33 am

I have a 3x40 mo/ma/ne/cl and think it's a fine classo, essentially the
same thing you chose. Kensai is a monk prime skill that allows you to
focus about 3x as fast as normal focus, and of course, deathtouch will be
fun in the arena.

Good choice.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby 12345 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:30 am

Only concern I'd have playing it is the stat order:
Con/Int/Dex/Str/Wis

On the plus side, it's possible to roll high dex so you'd be ok to solo, on the minus, I can see strength being very helpful for gripping or wraithtouch and it's completely impractical to roll for percent strength.

I'm curious what 13 has for stats on his Mo/Ma and how many tokens it took him.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby blackmore » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:36 am

I forgot, you asked about pvp, 'splork' mobs and 'chop' mobs.

pvp happens at most once a year, in the arena, for very nice prizes. It isn't worth creating a character specifically for that purpose.

'splork' mobs refer to any mob that dies on a stab or grip. In generally, referring to a mob as a splork means it has few enough hps that you should kill it right away.

A chop mob is a mob on lyme that is insanely thick. There are chop weapons on lyme that cause roughly 1/7th to 1/10th of the mob's max hps when the weapon procs. The group doesn't blast, you just blind and heal the tank. It's become less common with changes to xp rates. People frequently refer to a mob being a 'chop mob' if it's thick with little hps, because the group will hack it down without much blasting. In that sense, monk prime is one of the best because you can strike with no cost.
blackmore
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Newbie Questions