Classo question

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Classo question

Postby Korlan » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:57 am

Monk/Mage/Cleric/Warrior

Everyone I ask tells me it's quite an interesting combination, but I kinda get the feeling they're just being polite. :P

I picked the classo for soloing purposes, I'm not even sure if it's good enough for that.

So, I can't tank because I didn't pick warrior second, I'm not really a blaster cause I have a NC prime.

How does this classo play, any tips, advice, suggestions? Will it be any good at higher lvls? Should I recreate?

Thanks! :)
Korlan

Postby 13 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:27 am

13 is a mo/ma/ne/cl, not far from what you've chosen. I can tell you how I run him. I run -8 +15 with one or two str items to get me to 1880. Korlan should be cool much much later. Don't fool yourself into thinking he can't be a blaster though. You could probably run +70 spelldam easily enough if you try, and maintain about 16 or 17 hd. The best thing to do is find out how you like to play, and go with it.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby Vixn » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:22 am

Don't put Warrior as quad in your classo. They all will laugh at you. Necros, Bard or even Druid will be much better. From old classes only Mage or Cleric could be usefull in quad positon but as for me new classes are much preferable.

IMHO 8)
Vixn
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 13 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:26 am

Warrior is good in combination with monk, this classo is ok, he'll have 5 attacks by avatar 36, and a properly equipped monk hits goddamn hard.
The perfect blend of poetry and meanness..
Hall of Fame Avatar Poster

Postby 12345 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:56 am

Hm... I think the only issue would be warrior in classo. Everything else looks pretty solid. Here's what I can tell you about having warrior 4th...

Pros: Excellent combination of skills with Monk. Nice equipment options by level 20 warrior.
Cons: Warrior gets no mana and a bare minimum (~10) hps for quad.

While there's no class that picks up more hps for quad, you're only out about 6 for picking any other class. You can pick up a lot of mana by putting any caster class quad. Having lots of mana is always useful for winds and restores if nothing else. This is why it's not common practice to put warrior, thief or monk quad.

Warrior and monk are fabulous classes to have together though. Their skills blend very nicely and as 13 said, the high number of attacks, flurry, strike, winds, etc will make him quite powerful. As a monk prime, you'll also have a good hit percentage so you'll be effective at dishing out the melee damage. Since the higher level warrior skills like deathblow aren't useful barehanded, you'll pick up most the benefit of the warrior skills early enough to use them... the most notable exception being triple attack.

Having wariror 4th won't help you too much in terms of equipment. Mostly because there's not a massive difference between SMo and EWa equipment. But with improved damage reduction and good hand damage, you should be fine either way.

That's my impression anyway.

Happy hunting.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Return to Newbie Questions