druid stats

Questions and info for and by newbies.

druid stats

Postby Taki » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:11 am

Do shifted forms stats depend in some way on natural stats (in normal form) or are they independent?

At level 10 prime druid i have dog with all 11 stats or frog with all 12. (the lower forms don't show any stats).

So, are natural stats of great importance for a druid prime?

Every hints & tips appreciated.
Patience and powerful strikes!
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Postby Ditheca » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:25 am

shifted forms ignore your nat stats, so just roll til you get something decent with high dex and int.

If you're trying to twink you character for all its worth you can get a much higher hp shifted form with 6 nat con than you can with 18. Of course, you'll pay the price every time you shock.

shifted forms DO get bonuses from spells like strength, quicken, etc.
Ditheca
40 Prime Poster

Druids

Postby Avatar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:35 am

I don't think I understand this section, could you elaborate?

[quote:1xnl0onb]If you're trying to twink you character for all its worth you can get a much higher hp shifted form with 6 nat con than you can with 18. Of course, you'll pay the price every time you shock. [/quote:1xnl0onb]
Triple 40 Poster

Postby Leaf » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:43 am

When u shift, ur HP is based off ur Human HP. I believe he ment to say
if ur con was 6 and u use eq to bring it to 18 and shift. U will have more
HP.
Leaf

Postby Pine » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:33 pm

Some Nat stats do matter for Druid from what I can tell playing pine. Int determines your max mana both shifted and unshifted (ignoring EQ for the time being). Con determines your max HP, and eq is not helpful unless shiftable, and there is very little if any shiftable +con EQ. Str is useful because shifted forms can go over 18 with potions/spells. This would be difficult to do if you start with low str because again, there aren't very many shiftable plus +str pieces of EQ. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on any of this as I would be interested to learn how to better play Pine. :)
Pine

Postby Pine » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:38 pm

Forget my previous comments on str. Plus strengths bonuses from spells and potions add to shifted forms nat strenght, not unshifted. However, I believe nat int and con are still very useful. I'm curious as to whether nat wis helps regen or anything shifted. Anyone know?
Pine

Stats

Postby Avatar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:56 pm

Int and Wis are (like the other stats) replaced by the form's stats when you shift. Nat stats Int and Wis will help some because you'll normally regen in human form which will use your nat Int / Wis, but they'll be replaced when you shapeshift by the form's stats.

(Although with high Int and +mana gear you can probably go higher in human form than your max will be shifted. Those extra "bonus" mana should start to fade when you shift, as your current mana will be higher than your max mana for some amount of time)
Triple 40 Poster

Return to Newbie Questions