Two Questions

Questions and info for and by newbies.

Two Questions

Postby Amonsul » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:33 am

Two quick questions:

1) What constitutes "good" stats? Obviously 18 is highest, but what is usually acceptable for good base stats before you stop rerolling? Currently, I'm at:
Str 17 Int 14 Wis 14 Dex 17 Con 14

2) Is there any information on where manuals that aren't found in guilds drop? (In my case, thief manuals?)

Thanks
Amonsul

Postby Taki » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:35 am

Hi!

Stats are a subjective matter and depend on your playing/fighting style. Obviously the higher the better, but your roll seems quite acceptable. Just think that any reroll can span between 3 and 18 (oct tokens go 10-18), so I'd think twice before throwing away your present stats.
Besides there are various pieces of eq that add stats bonuses and can help you better than a 'jump in the dark'. I suggest you have a look at the stats pages in 'stat ordering' under the 'Royal library' section of the website for knowing what is important for your classo.

To know about the spellbooks/manuals, go to the eq list in 'Equipment' in the website and look for the books you need... Plenty of info there. Just remember that many books can be found in VK library, BH scribe or mages or several inns, since most players drop em there (selling spellbooks is just useless since they cost a lot but sell for very little).

Happy Hunting

T.
Patience and powerful strikes!
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Postby 12345 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:31 am

Stats are pretty subjective, but since you're playing a thief, you can actually do a couple things to help yourself out.

By your stats, I'm guessing you're a th/wa/xx/xx

Since strength is your second stat, it's very helpful to roll until you get 18 strength. Mostly because as a stabber, you're going to want to have as much +dam as you can get and running at 18/100 strength is a free +6 damage. If you have 17 strengh, you need +11 strength to get to 18/100, where if you roll 18, you will get a percent roll. I think the most common marker used is that anything 18/50+ is a keeper. (JJD, strength spell, and 1 item for 18/100).

If you have 18 strength, you will automatically have 18 dex as well. Rolling 2x18 stats isn't overly difficult, though it will probably take you more than a few tokens. Some people roll tokens as they get them, I tend to collect about a dozen or so and then roll 10 of them, and save the other two in case my stats completely suck.

It'll take a little while to roll that... but it's a lot easier than rolling a thief/mage with strength as 3rd stat, which is what I'm currently doing.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Postby Amonsul » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:11 pm

Thanks for the replies. That pretty much was what I thought on the stats, but the confirmation helpeed.
Amonsul

Return to Newbie Questions