HI all! Rolling...rolling...rolling needed!

Questions and info for and by newbies.

HI all! Rolling...rolling...rolling needed!

Postby Taki » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:38 am

Hello all! I'm new to this MUD, played some others in the last 5 years, but I can say at a first glance I am quite happy of having found SlothMud.

So this is just a first post to say hi and... since i'm at it, here goes a quick question (sarcasm on)

My first and only character Taki (for now), a Monk/Thief/Cleric/Warrior, hit level 8 and the rolls are the following: 12/10/10/13/14 (no kidding)...

Should I just look for a jester hat and jump around with a big sign reading 'kick me' or what? :wink:

Looking for tokens galore.... see you around!

Taki
Taki
40 Prime Poster

Welcome

Postby Avatar » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:03 am

Good luck with those tokens!

I don't play much with characters that can pick up tri tokens (can't after 20th level) but usually if I see one as a big char I'll gossip that a tri is located at such a place. I guess if I see you on I can send a tell before gossiping :)
Triple 40 Poster

Postby 12345 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:23 am

Howdy. You'll find tokens are a pretty hot topic. Known/common pops are cycled fairly regular. The Russians are a little more organized and have a helpful page that can help you track down some tokens:

http://wiki.slothmud.ru/Tokens?v=8hx

Sloth crier also has some suggestions on where to track down tokens as well in the Tokens section I think...

I think the token pop rate was turned up recently? If I hasn't been, it wouldn't be a bad idea with all the new folks. :)

Also, any smallish mob has a chance of popping a tri token, so places like Daar Tempest, Kobolds, and Grymlyns are fairly cool places to wipe out to collect tokens, though try to be polite to any newbies who are cycling the area for xp.

Happy hunting.
Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid -KMFDM

Return to Newbie Questions