AR and Fractional Values

Questions and info for and by newbies.

AR and Fractional Values

Postby SirRobin » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:35 pm

1) For the various rolls used in the game (To Hit for example), does the coding use only integer values?

2) If #1 is true, then fractional values for AR are not important. In other words, an AR of -2.0 and -2.9 are equal for "To Hit" rolls. Is this true?

3) Is AR used for anything other than calculating if a character is hit?
SirRobin
40 Prime Poster

Re: AR and Fractional Values

Postby Deju » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:14 pm

[quote="SirRobin":7y31f61k]1) For the various rolls used in the game (To Hit for example), does the coding use only integer values?

2) If #1 is true, then fractional values for AR are not important. In other words, an AR of -2.0 and -2.9 are equal for "To Hit" rolls. Is this true?

3) Is AR used for anything other than calculating if a character is hit?[/quote:7y31f61k]

Obviously this is only my feelings on the subject. I could be wrong.

1. Since all # of faces, and # of dice are integers, im not sure how you could possibly roll a non-integer number... that said i'm pretty sure that only integers are used for all rolls.

2. AC is only a factor in whole numbers. So -2.9 is indeed the same as -2.1. For that reason, you will often be looking to give away a couple points of AC in exchange for other modifiers. However, one thing to keep in mind is this: getting webbed costs you .3 ac. So if you run at -3.0 ac and get webbed, you are fighting at -2.7 ac, which could be an issue. For this reason, you will notice that some players choose to run at -X.3 AC.

3. I cannot think of anything else that is effected by AC.
Deju
Double 40 Poster

Return to Newbie Questions